PDA

View Full Version : BioShock Activation Tool 1.0 released!

RejZoR
09-24-07, 05:08 PM
Small tool to backup your existing BioShock game activation data, so you can restore it later without actually activating the game, meaning you can actually re-install game bilions of times without wasting another (very limited) activation ticket or you can even re-activate it without internet connection!
Sounds great? It does, trust me :)

IMPORTANT:
Make sure your copy of BioShock is activated before doing backup with my tool.
BioShock Activation Tool is NOT a cracking utility, it doesn't bypass first time activation and it's NOT an NoCD patched EXE!
Backup can ONLY be used on PC where you created the very same backup.

Tool tested on European retail version of BioShock.

DOWNLOAD:
http://files.filefront.com/BioShock+Activation+Tool/;8628607;/fileinfo.html

I made this tool. Am i cool or what? :cheers:

Odral
09-24-07, 05:12 PM
Very cool and thanks!

Sycario
09-24-07, 05:18 PM
Same PC or the same install? Does the hardware have to be exactly the same if it's by PC?

ChaoticNick
09-24-07, 05:23 PM
Same PC or the same install? Does the hardware have to be exactly the same if it's by PC?

I'd like to know this too. Would it still work if I reinstall the game after swapping a graphics card or adding ram or something?

Dragunov
09-24-07, 05:30 PM
I thought the devs would release a tool to deactivate the game if u want to uninstall it ...

RejZoR
09-24-07, 05:36 PM
Devs, maybe. Put all the publishers are just a bunch of greedy noobs and they literally **** on you after you buy the game. They've got their cut, they don't care anymore about your end of the cake...

The activation is suppose to be bound to the same PC (hardware), not same install (i assume Windows right?). Well, at least it worked just fine after i reinstalled Windows and later BioShock itself and then restored the activation data.
It would be logical to limit hardware pattern to motherboard and HDD.
Other components change way too often. Well, at least Windows does it this way...

RejZoR
09-24-07, 05:51 PM
Crap, double post.

|MaguS|
09-24-07, 05:59 PM
Wow...

grey_1
09-24-07, 06:11 PM
I thought the devs would release a tool to deactivate the game if u want to uninstall it ...
It does deactivate if uninstalled properly I thought.

Armed_Baboon
09-24-07, 06:14 PM
all the publishers are just a bunch of greedy noobs and they literally **** on you after you buy the game.

they literally **** on you? man, that's full on.

SOAD
09-24-07, 07:24 PM

indeed :(

you would have at least thought theywould have avoided the urine and other bodily fluids

:barf:

crainger
09-24-07, 07:32 PM

That is appalling!

I can't believe no one has ever taken a dump on your chest. :D

SH0DAN
09-25-07, 05:30 PM
I still after 4 full run throughs have had ZERO problems with the game.Some of the tin foil hat brigade,over on the official forums are still whining for nothing.

nopp0x00
09-25-07, 06:40 PM
I still after 4 full run throughs have had ZERO problems with the game.Some of the tin foil hat brigade,over on the official forums are still whining for nothing.

Most of them are probably people who don't own the game. I do know that there were some activation issues on the release of the game, but I know that they have been fixed - they even extended the number of activations to placate the whiners who must re-install the game several times in a short period of time.

I avoided all of these problems by opting for the Steam release. Steam even allows me to use the game on multiple computers, I think.

ASUSEN7900GTX
09-26-07, 01:49 AM
well there is going to be some patch that takes away the activation thingy issue

or something like it i read about a 5 step thing from the Devs or so

Madpistol
09-26-07, 08:30 AM
That is appalling!

I can't believe no one has ever taken a dump on your chest. :D

Only you would say something like that. :rolleyes:

Cool tool. I'll have to give it a try if I ever decide to get rid of my 680i.