PDA

View Full Version : Witcher system specifications released

Pages : [1] 2

stefan9
09-25-07, 12:22 PM
Minimum requirements:

Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)

Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800

1 GB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista

128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)

8.5 GB available hard drive space

DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones

DVD-Rom

Recommended requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+

2 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO

8.5 GB available hard drive space

DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones

DVD-Rom

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/game/system_requirements.html

Recommended looks a bit high. I might need to add some ram.

Brent101
09-25-07, 12:25 PM
I am dying to get my hands on this game. Its been so long since I've played an RPG that really sucked me in.

Requirements/recommendations seems to be where I would expect.

PaiN
09-25-07, 02:35 PM
I am dying to get my hands on this game.
Ditto here
with those specs....there must be some serious tweaks to the org NWN engine :) I'm excited

|MaguS|
09-25-07, 02:44 PM
Im not seeing anything hig from the recommended specs... 2GB should always be the recommended. Other then that the GPU and CPU requiremends are pretty normal.

methimpikehoses
09-25-07, 02:47 PM
Im not seeing anything hig from the recommended specs... 2GB should always be the recommended. Other then that the GPU and CPU requiremends are pretty normal.

Meh, GPU is a bit high. 7900GTX was the uber not too long ago.

CaptNKILL
09-25-07, 03:04 PM
Pretty steep, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

nekrosoft13
09-25-07, 03:24 PM
I have to buy the game either from UK or Poland, don't want the censored US released.

DRen72
09-25-07, 03:28 PM
I think the specs are low actually. Any decent rig should be able to run the game with no problems. I'm looking forward to playing this one, but I'm disappointed that they did not choose to use DX10 for at least some new effects. This game will look like Oblivions younger brother...not bad at all, but not new either.

nekrosoft13
09-25-07, 03:31 PM
I think the specs are low actually. Any decent rig should be able to run the game with no problems. I'm looking forward to playing this one, but I'm disappointed that they did not choose to use DX10 for at least some new effects. This game will look like Oblivions younger brother...not bad at all, but not new either.

you can't compare Oblivion to Witcher.

If you want to compare Witcher to other games then you have to compare it to NWN, NWW2 and KOTOR series.

Witcher is pure RPG, not like Oblivion.

raystorm
09-25-07, 03:34 PM
I have to buy the game either from UK or Poland, don't want the censored US released.

oh snap...I totally forgot about the US version being censored. Thank god for gogamer selling euro pc games. I have high hopes for this game. Looks great and the adult material will hit the spot nicely. I wonder how much of the game will be censored. I'll wait for a thorough review.

Severian126
09-25-07, 03:39 PM
What's being censored? Just adult stuff? hot seks?!

superklye
09-25-07, 03:44 PM
When is this slated for release? The official site and most gaming sites are blocked here at work. :(

raystorm
09-25-07, 03:51 PM
When is this slated for release? The official site and most gaming sites are blocked here at work. :(

Gogamer.com and Gamestop.com has an Oct 30th release date for the US. Not sure if the euro version will come out earlier.

Brent101
09-25-07, 04:31 PM
Gogamer.com and Gamestop.com has an Oct 30th release date for the US. Not sure if the euro version will come out earlier.

Euro one comes out Oct 26 I believe.

superklye
09-25-07, 04:33 PM
Thanks. :)

And hopefully it's not a system hog like NWN2...

breathemetal
09-25-07, 04:50 PM
What will be the diference between us and uk release?

Brent101
09-25-07, 06:03 PM
What will be the diference between us and uk release?

The only difference I have heard so far is that the north american version is censored a bit. I do not know to what extent but its probably your standard "no nudity, but lots of violence and mature themes are ok."

stefan9
09-26-07, 03:17 AM
Nudity and the seduction quests were removed from the US version.

Everyone else even the Germans got the full unedited versions and in most cases with the same age rating that the game got in the US.

XxDeadlyxX
09-26-07, 04:02 AM
Those requirements aren't anything out of the ordinary.

If anything, 7900GTX probably won't be good enough to run at any decent res... 8800GTS 320/640 should be the recommended.

nutcrackr
09-26-07, 04:26 AM
most recommended specs should be for med graphics and med resolution, not high settings.

nekrosoft13
09-26-07, 07:42 AM

Everyone else even the Germans got the full unedited versions and in most cases with the same age rating that the game got in the US.

thats why i want to get the game from Europe. i want to play the full game as it was intented.

SOAD
09-26-07, 07:50 AM
i bet you do :p

:D

in regards to system specifications, the higher the better :)

2gb is a must for games and for a game to recommend less puts it down in my eyes

K007
09-26-07, 08:19 AM
If this game runs smooth on a 7900gtx...i am gonna be in for a shock -.-. No way its gonna run smooth..maybe in 640x480 res..with max settings..

CaptNKILL
09-26-07, 10:07 AM

Any idea if there will be an unedited English version? For the UK maybe?

I hate getting stripped down games, even if they just removed a bit of pr0n...

nekrosoft13
09-26-07, 10:13 AM
Any idea if there will be an unedited English version? For the UK maybe?

I hate getting stripped down games, even if they just removed a bit of pr0n...

there is no pr0n in the game