PDA

View Full Version : Why does my friend's GeForce4 Ti 4200 look like ass?

Bigus Dickus
08-21-02, 05:32 PM
Now that I've got your attention:

His system - XP 2100+, Abit KT266A mobo, VT Ti4200, win2K, latest Detonator betas.

The issue is in Unreal Tournament (only game he plays). Something is mucked up with the gamma settings (OpenGL, for S3TC texture use). It's like it was really dark, so he turned his monitor's brightness up to correct, but now it's horribly washed out looking. The brightness slider in UT doesn't work at all.

Dark spaces are so dark that you can't distinguish playesr or weapons, but it's not black... kind of a washed out grey because of the increased brightness.

The bottom line... what driver does he need for UT sweetness? OpenGL + S3TC is a must, stability is a must, and correct gamma is a must.

Suggestions? If not a different driver, is there an .ini setting that might fix this?

Raptorman
08-21-02, 06:57 PM
Try using the latest OFFICIAL Detonator Drivers, and try using RivaTuner to tweak the settings.

thcdru2k
08-21-02, 08:02 PM
are you using latest opengl dll from http://unreal.epicgames.com ?

McBane
08-21-02, 08:04 PM
Try the updated renderers for UT...i had the same problem with the gamma slider...updating the renderers fixed it for me.

Bigus Dickus
08-22-02, 11:18 AM
He's using the latest OpenGL renders (he's tried several of them, actually). I'll suggest RivaTuner...