PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect novel

Severian126
09-25-07, 01:38 PM
Have anyone read this yet? Finished this a few days ago. I can't wait to get my hands on the game now! Having known some characters before playing the game made the game more enticing for me. :)

crainger
09-25-07, 04:55 PM
There is a novel?! I want I want!

Who is the publisher?

Severian126
09-25-07, 05:25 PM
There is a novel?! I want I want!

Who is the publisher?

I bleieve it's Del Ray, an imprint of Random House, Inc. Author is Drew Karpyshyn.

Though not the most incredible book ever written, it sets the foundation for the game and introduces some key characters that we will see in the game, albeit older. :)

tornadog
09-25-07, 05:27 PM
was pretty excited but read some of the reviews on Amazon. Its a good book to get into the masseffect game but as a novel, it seems pretty average. Well what else can you expect from a videogame story writer. if he was good, he would have been a millionaire writer!!!

crainger
09-25-07, 06:00 PM
Should I just wait for teh movie? :p

I'll get this and make my gf read it to me. I used to love reading books, but that's to these 'interactive soap operas' I just can't sit still anymore. :(

Yeah that's right I play standing up pumping my legs, you wanna fight about it?

kaltek
09-25-07, 09:25 PM
I actually just ordered it a few days ago from Amazon, should arrive between Oct 3-8. Quite looking forward to it. Not expecting anything overly impressive, just a nice introduction to the Mass Effect universe.

Severian126
09-25-07, 10:05 PM
If you're looking at it from a literacy (sp?) standpoint, the book is OK, but it was never really intended for that.

But as a prequel novel to what I assume will be an outstanding game (I'm a huge fan of Bioware's work btw, hehe), it's incredibly good. As long as you take it in that context, it's a must read if you have every intention to play Mass Effect.

Go read it now! :) (nana2)