PDA

View Full Version : WaterCooling my Geforce - help!

Noodles
09-26-07, 03:12 AM
Ok, since its impossible to sell. I need to watercool it. I already payed for a coolermaster eclipse.. and a really nice aircooling system for my pc.

And I already BUILT EVERYTHING.. so i really dont want to cool the whole dang pc.

I JUST WANT TO COOL MY GEFORCE.. it's water cooling READY...

I know i need nonconductive liquid and all that goodstuff..

but can anyone show me a CHEAP EFFECTIVE system online that i could buy on newegg of td.com?

It says i need 175w dissapation.. no clue what that means.. i just want a RELIABLE system that'll keep my card cool for atleast a year without a pump replacement!

All help greatl appreciated.

XFX Support
09-26-07, 06:37 PM
I personally haven't done it, but would also recommend you team with BFG as they specifically make that card for water cooling I would bet they have a few setups they can recommend. Also let us know what you find out so we can keep it in mind.

Noodles
09-26-07, 08:15 PM
Will Try. I'm going to call up their live support tomorrow~

Xion X2
09-26-07, 10:29 PM
See the stickies in this forum:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

There aren't any kits just for cooling graphics, so you'll need to get you a pump (probably a Swiftech), a 2-fan radiator, a reservoir, and some tubing/clamps. But you really should read through the topics in that link first for a general overview of what's involved.

My Ultra just got to me today, and I'll probably be putting it on water tomorrow. If you have any specific questions, then let me know, but again--I'd advise you study up on all of the basics first.

Noodles
09-27-07, 03:12 AM
^ thank you very much for that link

jeffmd
09-27-07, 09:39 AM
I would think any kit that can cool a cpu can cool a gpu for sure. The only thing is the kit needs to allow you to clamp the hoses onto the geforce waterblock.

Xion X2
09-27-07, 06:19 PM
I would think any kit that can cool a cpu can cool a gpu for sure. The only thing is the kit needs to allow you to clamp the hoses onto the geforce waterblock.
Problem is he's paying for a CPU block and extra tubing/clamps which would be useless to him if he doesn't want to put the CPU on water.

Personally, I think if you watercool the graphics then you should just add the CPU to the loop.

buffbiff21
09-27-07, 07:20 PM
Personally, I think if you watercool the graphics then you should just add the CPU to the loop.
+1

Watercool everything that makes noise.

Noodles
09-27-07, 10:40 PM
^ i've found a loop in the matrix.

and i will be getting a non-watercoole card

thanks to everyone though.. im just not a fan of water in a computer lol

thanks again!