PDA

View Full Version : Vista Reliability Pack Two

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

terror_adagio
09-26-07, 05:42 AM
Available only to Microsoft Connect users once again:

Vista Reliability Pack KB941649
Improves battery life for some mobile devices running Vista
Improves stability for laptops or desktops using UPS (uninterruptable power supply) batteries.
Improves Vista reliability while opening menus for some startup applications.
Resolves a Vista compatibility issue affecting some third party anti-virus software applications.
Improves stability for Internet Explorer on Vista while viewing web pages.
Improves stability for wireless network services on Vista.
Resolves a Vista reliability issue for systems using certain network driver configurations.
Improves Vista startup response with improved resource timing.
Improves Vista system recovery time after system inactivity.
Improves Vista recovery time for photo-viewing screensaver scenarios.
Improves Vista stability for PowerShell users.

AthlonXP1800
09-26-07, 05:57 AM
Very nice lists of fixes, I think they will be in SP1. :)

nekrosoft13
09-26-07, 07:15 AM
give it a day and this thing will leak.

Stoneyguy
09-26-07, 09:55 AM
hope so. looks like a nice list. I am curious as to why this was posted here though. I see nothing that impacts Forceware directly.

conroejoe
09-26-07, 10:05 AM
doesnt look like anything to resolve slow network transfers for gigabit networks. Oh yea, they wont even admit there is a problem yet :thumbdwn:

Can't wait for the official SP1 update that rolls us back to XP. 'Its all about giving the customers what they want'. :p

DRen72
09-26-07, 11:02 AM
This should move to the Vista OS thread

Gort
09-26-07, 11:18 AM
doesnt look like anything to resolve slow network transfers for gigabit networks. Oh yea, they wont even admit there is a problem yet :thumbdwn:

Can't wait for the official SP1 update that rolls us back to XP. 'Its all about giving the customers what they want'. :p

Is this the bug where any sounds on the PC throttle the NIC? I can't believe M$ thinks sound is more important than network.

nekrosoft13
09-26-07, 11:44 AM
Is this the bug where any sounds on the PC throttle the NIC? I can't believe M$ thinks sound is more important than network.

that part of it

Audio slows down gigabit nic to about 10mb/s. But there are other issues with gigabit as well. Even without audio its still slower compared to same HW on XP.

You can "fix" the audio+slow network issue. But if you do then your audio playback will stutter.

|JuiceZ|
09-26-07, 11:47 AM
Looks like some good fixes but that still wont get me to upgrade again. Feels so good to be back to WinXP after two weeks of instability with Vista. Just wish someone could figure out how to engineer DX10 for XP with whole shared memory issue.

nekrosoft13
09-26-07, 12:00 PM
Looks like some good fixes but that still wont get me to upgrade again. Feels so good to be back to WinXP after two weeks of instability with Vista. Just wish someone could figure out how to engineer DX10 for XP with whole shared memory issue.

i don't understand why people make vista sound so horrible.

Yes, i do have issues in vista, but these issues are not any worse then issues that XP had on launch (or in some cases still has).

Dragunov
09-26-07, 02:07 PM
I hope this pack is available soon, if it is, gonna install it immediately!!!!!

conroejoe
09-26-07, 10:22 PM
that part of it

Audio slows down gigabit nic to about 10mb/s. But there are other issues with gigabit as well. Even without audio its still slower compared to same HW on XP.

You can "fix" the audio+slow network issue. But if you do then your audio playback will stutter.

Yea, even without audio playing most of us have found network transfers to be much slower than XP.

Eliminator
09-26-07, 10:32 PM
doesnt seem like anything important... ill pass

Q
09-26-07, 10:52 PM
i don't understand why people make vista sound so horrible.

Because for everyone one of you that "only has problems with playing an MP3 and using the network", there are dozens have systems that simply refuse to do what they should.

As I stated in another thread, I had over 100 pairs of parents complain to me about Vista and their brand new, top of the line HPs, Dells, Toshibas, etc. and wish that they could have got them with XP instead.

But here, just like at work, I'm a 22 year old peon with no pull or sway. My opinion has as much credit and volume as a gnat's fart.

nekrosoft13
09-26-07, 11:31 PM
Because for everyone one of you that "only has problems with playing an MP3 and using the network", there are dozens have systems that simply refuse to do what they should.

As I stated in another thread, I had over 100 pairs of parents complain to me about Vista and their brand new, top of the line HPs, Dells, Toshibas, etc. and wish that they could have got them with XP instead.

But here, just like at work, I'm a 22 year old peon with no pull or sway. My opinion has as much credit and volume as a gnat's fart.

complain about what? that start menu is different? that buttons are located in wrong different place? that IE has tabs now?

Absolution
09-27-07, 12:14 AM
complain about what? that start menu is different? that buttons are located in wrong different place? that IE has tabs now?
zomg tabs!

ATOJAR
09-27-07, 01:43 AM
Up to now ive had ONE problem with vista, thats the BF2142 lagg problem(something to do with the memory i think) .... apart form that it runs everything else great for me!

nekrosoft13
09-27-07, 07:29 AM
zomg tabs!

you have no idea how many people complained to me about tabs at work.

biggest complaint is oh i click on the X in the corner and it ask me a question.

or I click on the X and it closes 5 windows.

Electronic Punk
09-27-07, 08:50 AM
Been running all 3 QFE drop patches for a few days, not noticed any real benefit but then no real problems with them either.

Q
09-27-07, 08:59 AM

I think the biggest complaint is that it runs like a retarded monkey, even on beefy systems. That, and program compatibility.

terror_adagio
09-27-07, 09:00 AM
And just like when I posted about the first set of updates, Punk won't share them, don't worry - someone else will get our thanks soon!

Electronic Punk
09-27-07, 09:25 AM
Yeah, suprised no one has leaked them already really -- but they really aren'r as exciting as the first batch.

Phyxion
09-27-07, 09:29 AM
No idea why you don't share them, it isn't tagged to you, all patches are the same.

Electronic Punk
09-27-07, 09:34 AM
Because they know who I am (and that whole honouring the beta agreement thing) :)

Dragunov
09-27-07, 10:20 AM
Hmmmm, u are part of the testing team, well the patches can give our pcs a good boost in the right direction, maybe u can upload them to

http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?act=home

http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?showtopic=6640