PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have a game at my house on release date?

Tygerwoody
09-26-07, 09:24 AM
I have never ordered a game box online. I either buy and download games, or I just buy them from stores.

I'm wanting to order NBA 2k8 for playstation 3. I want it at my house on the release date. If I order a game over night delivery, will it ship the day before release date or day of? Which would be day after. Or, is it possible to order this game and just have it reserved at a store without going to the store physically? I really don't want to go to EBGames/Gamestop just to make a preorder. Pretty big hassle for me.

Tr1cK
09-26-07, 09:29 AM
I think it is.

I have bought from dvduniverse.com (http://www.cduniverse.com/default.asp?style=movie) and had a DVD arrive a day before it's release date. They have a sister site, gamesuniverse.com (http://www.cduniverse.com/default.asp?style=games) and have had the game (Flatout 2) arrive very close to it's release if not on it (you know me, can't remember).

Here's your game: http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7458163&style=games&BAB=F

S.I.N
09-26-07, 09:31 AM
I can vouch for EB games arriving on release date if you use overnight. You can also pre-order from BestBuy.com and pick it up on release day at the nearest store. Regardless NBA 2k8 is a pretty big game. What makes you think you have to pre-order it to secure a copy?

Also I would say give Amazon.com a try and take advantage of there free month of Prime. Overnight is only like $4 with it plus no tax. After the trial though its $80 a year.

Revs
09-26-07, 09:49 AM
I also use Amazon for all my new game purchaces. They always arrive on the day of release or before. I received Halo 3 today after ordering it 2 days ago. If i'd pay for their 'super fast' delivery I could have had it yesterday morning.

Ninjaman09
09-26-07, 03:13 PM
I've ordered all my games from Gamestop's website recently and they arrive on the release date every time. :)

DarkJedi664
09-26-07, 04:11 PM
I also use Amazon for all my new game purchaces. They always arrive on the day of release or before. I received Halo 3 today after ordering it 2 days ago. If i'd pay for their 'super fast' delivery I could have had it yesterday morning.
Like hell you would've! Amazon gave 2 day shipping to ANYONE who got overnight. Stupid if you ask me.

Monolyth
09-26-07, 04:16 PM
Pre-Ordered Halo 3 2 weeks ago from EBGames.com, overnight shipping. Arrived yesterday around noon (well attempted delivery), but I picked it up @ the local UPS after work, so...yeah same day...

nrdstrm
09-26-07, 09:22 PM
Let me know how 2K8 is...Right now the only BBall game I care for is NBA Street (PS3)...

Dr.Nick
09-26-07, 09:24 PM
Newegg.com is surprisingly good. Most of the time the games even come a day early:)

Connaught
09-26-07, 09:55 PM
I pre-ordered Halo 3 LE from Future Shop on Sept.5th...with the standard ground shipping and I have yet to receive my copy. Given that it was released in Canada on the 26th...and that on the 21st I was given confirmation that it has been sent to me, I'm still Halo 3less...and it sucks!
Don't know why there was no pickup in store option....so now I just sitting and waiting to receive my copy....hoping the discs are not scratched...if they are then I have to go to the store and exchange, sorta defeats the purpose of delivery, no?

Lessoned learned? Only pre-order online if there is in-store pickup avaliable, a great discount, or buy paying for the expediated delivery (effectivly eliminating whatever savings gained from online purchase).

Monolyth
09-26-07, 11:01 PM
I pre-ordered Halo 3 LE from Future Shop on Sept.5th...with the standard ground shipping and I have yet to receive my copy. Given that it was released in Canada on the 26th...and that on the 21st I was given confirmation that it has been sent to me, I'm still Halo 3less...and it sucks!
Don't know why there was no pickup in store option....so now I just sitting and waiting to receive my copy....hoping the discs are not scratched...if they are then I have to go to the store and exchange, sorta defeats the purpose of delivery, no?

Lessoned learned? Only pre-order online if there is in-store pickup avaliable, a great discount, or buy paying for the expediated delivery (effectivly eliminating whatever savings gained from online purchase).

Pre-Ordering for store pickup can fraught with problems too. My buddy pre-ordered his Legendary and they told him that if he wasn't there at midnight when they opened they would sell it to someone else and he would have to wait. Which IMHO is just total BS.

Revs
09-27-07, 02:23 AM
Like hell you would've! Amazon gave 2 day shipping to ANYONE who got overnight. Stupid if you ask me.

:cry: But they said it was guaranteed before 1pm!