PDA

View Full Version : Infinate Loop In nv4_dsp

Mr Bigman
09-26-07, 12:23 PM
I sometimes get the BSOD on windows bootup when reaching desktop on random boots.

This is on the 7 series PC, my 8 series rig doesn't.

However it happens random cuz i can boot up a few sessions and every 3rd or 4th it would do this but other times it works fine.

Occasionally when reaching the desktop, it would go into desktop than screen would blink a bit and resume normal operations.

I use the 163.71's and Ntune but Ntune is crap. Why does the temp monitor need Ntune now? I think the Infinate Loop could be related to Ntune.

Anyway any thoughts to this?

LORD-eX-Bu
10-02-07, 11:57 AM
have you tried running driver cleaner and reinstalling your drivers in safe mode?

Mr Bigman
10-02-07, 01:13 PM
I fixed it. It was Ntune.

Must be issues with it and the latest drivers.

I hate them for making us need Ntune by Default to get the temps.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-02-07, 02:16 PM
use Rivatuner :D

maricartridge
11-20-10, 10:37 AM
You're indeed right, nv4_dsp (http://www.pcperformancetools.com/paretologic/pctips/nv4_dsp-dll.html) is commonly associated to the Blue Screen Of Death or BSOD. Once this occurs it is impossible to gain access to your computer without restarting it. It is also typical for the BSOD and associated nv4_dsp.dll errors to appear at specific times when using your computer, for example when attempting run a graphics intensive game or application.

Since you're experiencing such, try to reboot your PC and do not attempt to open any programs yet. Uninstall your graphics card and then reinstall using the drivers and files from the graphics card software disk. When done, make sure you update all of these files as well as any Windows updates available. When everything's completed, restart again your PC and it should be fine.

methimpikehoses
11-20-10, 11:08 AM
:bleh: