09-27-07, 11:13 AM
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/news/?id=17582

Getting really excited, Now maybe they will let us preload.:D

six_storm
09-27-07, 11:15 AM
Sweet, I can't wait to play Portal!

Revs
09-27-07, 11:17 AM
Holy cow, I hadn't realised we had got that close to the release. 2 weeks to go. Wuhoooo!

jAkUp
09-27-07, 11:23 AM
Awesome :D

Revs
09-27-07, 11:25 AM
I pre-ordered this from Amazon, and they say:

Availability: This item will be released on October 19, 2007. Pre-order now! Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk

I wonder if that'll be brought forward. I bloooomin hope so :o

Sweet, I can't wait to play Portal!

Good point, it looks really good too. It's gonna be the best Autumn ever! (nana2)

andy_nv
09-27-07, 11:29 AM
Wish they still did the Black Box since I already have HL2 and Episode 1. :(

Mr. Hunt
09-27-07, 11:52 AM
Wish they still did the Black Box since I already have HL2 and Episode 1. :(

I had HL2 but not Ep1... but I didn't care about Ep1 and originally I was pissed they took the black box away... but really 45 bucks on steam right now and you get Ep2, Portals, and TF2... 15 bucks each basically... good deal if you ask me.

LurkerLito
09-27-07, 12:42 PM
I find Valve retail release games funny. It doesn't really even matter if it went gold today or 3 weeks ago, because when you install it, it will still log you onto steam and download the "activated" parts and any patches. Remember the last one had the retail sales date broken and no one could play it till steam unlocked it and downloaded a bunch of patches. Retail release = pre-load on a CD or DVD + Steam client installer :).

I too was a bit upset at the black box cancellation since I do own HL2E1 and every other valve game out. This preorder would be a lot easier on the wallet for $39.95 - 10%. I will end up preordering the orange box anyway because with the preorder discount your only probably going to save $5 by buying the black box when they do finally offer that bundle once released (ie so no preorder discount which is why I believe they canceled that option for the moment).

CaptNKILL
09-27-07, 01:21 PM
Holy cow, I hadn't realised we had got that close to the release. 2 weeks to go. Wuhoooo!
Same here. I didn't think it was coming till late October or maybe November.

This is great news. :)

Tork64
09-27-07, 02:00 PM
yay :)

3DBrad
09-27-07, 02:06 PM
Just make a new Steam count, "gift" the extra games you don't need to that account, and sell the "gifted" account. :p