PDA

View Full Version : Wii is gone... now what?

Wavern
09-27-07, 06:41 PM
So in about 30mins my Wii will be leaving for a pretty decent chunk of change. I realized recently that I hadn't even plugged it in for 2 months now so I see no reason to keep it around.

So now I've only got a ps3. I'm considering an xbox 360 but I'm really not sure if I'd get much benefit out of it especially with so much ps3 content around the corner.

This isn't a ps3 vs xbox 360 thread.. I have a ps3 .. you can't convince me to buy another one. =vP I'm just curious if there's reason to drop $350+ on an xbox 360 right now. Also if I do, what accessories do I need to get that don't come in the box?

Thanks!

Q
09-27-07, 06:42 PM
So in about 30mins my Wii will be leaving for a pretty decent chunk of change. I realized recently that I hadn't even plugged it in for 2 months now so I see no reason to keep it around.

So now I've only got a ps3. I'm considering an xbox 360 but I'm really not sure if I'd get much benefit out of it especially with so much ps3 content around the corner.

This isn't a ps3 vs xbox 360 thread.. I have a ps3 .. you can't convince me to buy another one. =vP I'm just curious if there's reason to drop $350+ on an xbox 360 right now. Also if I do, what accessories do I need to get that don't come in the box?

Thanks!

There is a little game called Halo 3 that the entire world is playing right now. I heard its pretty good.

Right now, there are just more good games for the 360 than for the PS3. But like you said, we should start getting some good titles pretty soon, I hope.

3DBrad
09-27-07, 07:42 PM
You need to buy a big towel with the Xbox360 so you can wrap it up and put it in the oven when the Xbox360 dies, so the solder points will once again heat back into place. :o

But Gears of War is fun, and you can turn off the "gore" and cursing if you want (dialogue set to off, and Extreme Content set to off).

However, since it's coming to PC soon (November 6, IIRC), then you might just want to play it on PC if you have a newer PC. :)

NaitoSan
09-27-07, 08:03 PM
<3 profanity and gore. :)

Lyme
09-27-07, 09:25 PM

Thanks!

If you have to ask, you don't want it bad enough.

tornadog
09-27-07, 09:37 PM
Lyme didnt we do this same thing with Tigerwoody. He still went and bought the wii...we all know how that is going. Let our friend here also go and get the 360 and we will soon see another thread of that nature!!!

evilchris
09-27-07, 10:41 PM
Great PS3 content around the corner, its coming, almost here, here it comes, AAA games, here they come...

X360 has this now.

buffbiff21
09-28-07, 12:15 AM
If you have a gaming class PC, then I see NO reason to buy a 360.

evilchris
09-28-07, 12:52 AM
The "every good 360 game is on PC" is a great myth.

buffbiff21
09-28-07, 12:54 AM
The "every good 360 game is on PC" is a great myth.
Dispel that myth, chris.

3DBrad
09-28-07, 08:46 AM
Lost Planet is a great Xbox360 exclus. . . .ah, nevermind.

Gears of War is awesome on the 36. . ooops (Nov. 6)

Dead Rising is a fun game on the. . .oops (if the rumors are true).

Still, the Xbox360 is a good console, currently is better than the PS3, but too bad the hardware isn't the most trustworthy (but supposedly, this has been addressed).

Marvel_us
09-28-07, 09:05 AM
I don't know why everyone keeps saying if you have a good PC you don't need a 360. Maybe if you like waiting a year for a PC version that holds but if not then get a 360 now.

pkirby11
09-28-07, 09:42 AM
Dispel that myth, chris.

It's not even worth getting into an arguement about that because it is a Myth. Yes a lot of XBox 360 games are on PC or are coming but some you have to wait a year for (GoW) and some aren't even available and who know when they will be (Halo 3). Your logic is stupid at best because there are also a huge number of exclusives too that are worth playing.

3DBrad
09-28-07, 09:59 AM
Just so you know, not everyone has puppy love for Master Chef. :D
http://www.omnichela.com/imagenes/Generales/HalloCE_00.jpg

Wii+PC is a great combo. Wii+360+PC is a good combo as well.

Q
09-28-07, 10:02 AM
Halo 3 is going to be a Windows Vienna exclusive.

I wrote it on the internet, in a forum. It must be true.

Ninjaman09
09-28-07, 10:23 AM
Dispel that myth, chris.
X-Box 360 is often the primary development platform for these games you're referring to and as such often play better on the console (prime examples would be Oblivion, CoD 2, and Bioshock). Not to mention X-Box Live and being able to play from your couch on a 50" widescreen TV. And like pkirby said some of the strongest titles are exclusives or have PC versions delayed. The 360 is a fantastic gaming platform that is in many ways superior to the PC, and given a choice between two versions I will pick the 360 version more often than not. The only exception (hopefully) being Call of Duty 4, but we'll see how that goes.