PDA

View Full Version : Preorder Soldier of Fortune Payback display at EBgames/GameStop

Pages : [1] 2

Nar
09-28-07, 12:14 AM
http://forums.filefront.com/soldier-fortune-2-general-discussion/331493-pre-order-payback-get-unlockable-gun.html

Noodles
09-28-07, 12:22 AM
Lol... I work at a GameStop...

and I've had it reserved a week or two now...

We've yet to recieve the code.. but I can tell you there wont be enough of them to give to everyone, and moreso then that,

it won't work like a cd key.. so saying they only release 20... if one lovely man puts it online.. everyone gets the gun. So who cares...

still no screenshots in sight.

AthlonXP1800
09-28-07, 12:30 AM
Soldier of Fortune 3: Payback coming out in November 2007! :D

http://www.neurospot.com/files/sofp2.jpg

K007
09-28-07, 03:03 AM
Man wtf -.-...how can this game come out with like..0 screenshots or videos of the game...Anyone have any idea what the game is going to look like? U3...Crysis? Secret..?

Badboy_12345
09-28-07, 03:24 AM
yeah I havent seen a singel screenshot or video of the game... this is really strange

nekrosoft13
09-28-07, 06:37 AM
very weird, not a single info on this game except the title.

How are you supposed to preorder it when you don't even know a single thing about it.

Badboy_12345
09-28-07, 07:19 AM
very weird, not a single info on this game except the title.

How are you supposed to preorder it when you don't even know a single thing about it.

maybe it sucks and they dont want to show it to people and just go by the name of the game? :p

Q
09-28-07, 07:23 AM
Budget.

Title.

Maybe?

nutcrackr
09-28-07, 07:25 AM
maybe they are going to a silent release, one where most people are impressed because we haven't seen any content. Not sure how that will go with their sales though.

K007
09-28-07, 09:15 AM
this is interesting -.-...

Noodles
09-28-07, 12:08 PM
You have to understand.. SOF2 is a cult classic... at least in my parts... im sure people still play it, even.

I did see the cover for the game, FINALLY, on the net... and it looks very farcry-ish. (the cover)

Still, acknowledging rumors and making speculation, SOF is trying to keep true to being the goriest FPS of all time.

And for that reason alone, people will buy the game.

You don't need Screens to sell Star Wars, and I thik SOF is trying to say HEY BIG NAME GAMES LIKE HALO, F YOU!

With their release...

CaptNKILL
09-28-07, 02:19 PM
They are probably waiting to see if people are going to preorder it... if no one does, they won't bother finishing the game...

:p

Bah!
09-28-07, 03:42 PM
The reason why there isn't any hype is because its being made (or was) by Activision Value which is who does all their cheap games like Deer Hunter and Barbie stuff.

Basically, its not going to be like the first two games, its going to be junk, which is too bad because i always liked the SoF series.

tornadog
09-28-07, 03:43 PM
isnt Activision value making this title? If I remember correctly they are responsible for making $19.99 titles that usually end up in the bargain bin at walmart and other retail stores...

Reynaldo
09-28-07, 03:53 PM
isnt Activision value making this title? If I remember correctly they are responsible for making $19.99 titles that usually end up in the bargain bin at walmart and other retail stores...

Yep... (http://pc.ign.com/articles/800/800039p1.html)from the makers of Pimp my Ride, Barbie and Cabela's African Safari...

RAY16
09-28-07, 05:03 PM
To anybody with even a shred of hope that this will be a decent game:

I pity you.

v3rninater
09-28-07, 05:18 PM
To anyone even assuming what this game will be like, or sell like, I pity you.

Have a little patience for once, good Lordy.:rolleyes:

RAY16
09-28-07, 08:06 PM
To anyone even assuming what this game will be like, or sell like, I pity you.

Have a little patience for once, good Lordy.:rolleyes:

You can't tell me that you honestly believe this has much of a chance of being good. The fact that they handed off to their Value division and haven't released any media on the game at all despite the fairly close release date should be a big enough clue. No marketing budget tells me that they have no confidence in the product. Keep development and advertising costs as low as possible and make a profit on your average every-day Wal-Mart shopper.

If this turns out to be a decent game I will eat my own head.

SH0DAN
09-28-07, 08:34 PM
The reason why there isn't any hype is because its being made (or was) by Activision Value which is who does all their cheap games like Deer Hunter and Barbie stuff.

Basically, its not going to be like the first two games, its going to be junk, which is too bad because i always liked the SoF series.

Some of Ravens former team members spoke out on the new game and Activisions horrible treatment thereof... Many of the original team have moved on to new pastures.This will flop,and is not getting the proper treatment,nor budget it deserves. :thumbdwn: I bought the first two games at full retail price on launch,and this whole affair really pisses me off !!

EDIT: In case you guys and gals dont know,Raven was cannabilized of any real talent last summer.Any secret hopes for a SF3 done right or a (me prays) Heretic 3 or Hexen 3 can finally be buried. (soapbox) :rant:

Mr Bigman
09-28-07, 11:01 PM
Same here. I hope this game gets off the ground.

I loved SOF series. The story ended with i forgot his name on the roof after a battle with a hellicopter and game over.

I don't know how they will tell the story with the dude from the library that blew up not giving instructions to our solder.

We will have to wait and see i guess.

Im going back through these 2 again and rejoice old fond memories of blood and guts and solders around the world having fun.

Slash310
09-28-07, 11:09 PM
i think ill wait until i see some gameplay videos before i preorder it

wrathofgod
09-29-07, 09:59 AM
The maker of Barbie Horse Adventures!! *SQUEALS!!**

LMAO! ahahaha

wrathofgod
09-30-07, 12:35 AM
Zero info. on the game with such a close release date, something tells me this one is gonna leave a bad taste in the mouth. :(

Hope they prove me wrong.

Noodles
09-30-07, 01:26 PM
umm... its full price... and it says activision on the box

- your game stop rep

lol

jiffy
09-30-07, 02:58 PM
GL to you all who have a speckle of hope for this flop.