09-28-07, 03:12 AM
When running most games

e.g.
Tiger Woods
Medal of Honour Airbourne
Overlord
GRAW2

and maybe others...... it comes up with some weird event log entries

Could you please check the event log and click on Application and see if you have some entries

Called Desktop Windows Manager

and it says something like

A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process ?????

and then

The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

Thanks

Electronic Punk
09-28-07, 03:53 AM
The pretty 3d stuff gets turned off when you run software that doesn't support it.

And when I say support, I mean who wants a loely translucent desktop running when you are trying to play quake wars?

spluff
09-28-07, 04:00 AM
The pretty 3d stuff gets turned off when you run software that doesn't support it.

And when I say support, I mean who wants a loely translucent desktop running when you are trying to play quake wars?

Yeah I kinda understand why it does it - im just wondering if people can check their vista log file and see what games are doing it and how many entries they get in........

e.g. for 1 game i play
I get loads of errors like 1 saying a request to disable and then 3 or 4 saying it was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application.......

Please check log file and see what is there..... and what games it is doing this with.......

I know 1 game which it doesnt do this Bioshock!