PDA

View Full Version : Rivatuner 2.05 released!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ruff97
09-28-07, 09:01 AM
like the Title say http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

nekrosoft13
09-28-07, 04:58 PM
thanks for info

Bman212121
09-28-07, 06:47 PM
cool, new drivers and new riva tuner. :D

Lith1um
09-28-07, 07:22 PM
Cool, thanks. Been watching for this release for a few days now.

Now we can play with shader clocks.

mcbacker
09-29-07, 08:06 AM
Hmm... where is the Shader Clock?!

Edit:

Power User Tab/Riva Tuner \ System / set 1 on NVAPIShaderClockControl

Restart RT.

MC

By0T0xN
09-29-07, 11:28 AM
Hey Guys, I am having trouble getting the shader clock slider to appear. I did the above setting under power user and it aint workin. Am I missing something? I'm running XP/32, 163.69, and Riva 2.05. Restarted RT and also rebooted to see if that would work. All I'm showing is the Core and Memory clock sliders.

cikanovo
09-29-07, 12:24 PM
Hey Guys, I am having trouble getting the shader clock slider to appear. I did the above setting under power user and it aint workin. Am I missing something? I'm running XP/32, 163.69, and Riva 2.05. Restarted RT and also rebooted to see if that would work. All I'm showing is the Core and Memory clock sliders.

I have the exact same issue, only the driver is 163.71 not 163.69.Anybody knows anything about this?

qube
09-29-07, 01:31 PM
in xp you have to force it

SJA06
09-29-07, 01:34 PM
I have the exact same issue, only the driver is 163.71 not 163.69.Anybody knows anything about this?

Have a read through the official forum at guru3d.com.....but whatever you do don't post a question there, it seems Unwinder is a nasty piece of work and will do his best to make you feel like your something unpleasant to be scaped off the sole of his shoe.

He may have created a useful tool, but he seems to lack a few social graces...even if people are overlooking things.

cikanovo
09-29-07, 02:10 PM
Have a read through the official forum at guru3d.com.....but whatever you do don't post a question there, it seems Unwinder is a nasty piece of work and will do his best to make you feel like your something unpleasant to be scaped off the sole of his shoe.

He may have created a useful tool, but he seems to lack a few social graces...even if people are overlooking things.

I fully agree.This was his reply to my post at guru 3d forums:

You're having serious troubles with reading. Release notes quoted in the very first posting of this thread clearly says the following:

- New user interface is provided by default under ForceWare 163.67 and newer drivers under Windows Vista, however Windows XP owners can also force Vista specific overclocking interfaces usage by setting NVAPIUsageBehaviour to 1.

Do you see any notes about setting NVAPIShaderClockControl to 1 for unlocking it? I don't.

:) Still, it's a great OC tool.

Unwinder
09-29-07, 02:13 PM
Not a problem, I may also make nvnews visitors happy and stop answering any questions here too, if I annoy the community here.

Mods, remove my account please. I'm not gonna waste my time here anymore.

andy_nv
09-29-07, 03:38 PM
Don't take it that hard, you're doing a good job and we thank you for this great tool. :thumbsup:
It's that people sometimes like a straight answer without going through the whole release notes... me included :D
Am I assuming wrong that this is the point you're trying to make, to have a thorough look at the release notes ?

Answering the initial question, from the release notes on the RivaTuner homepage (http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner&menu=8):
New user interface is provided by default under ForceWare 163.67 and newer drivers under Windows Vista, however Windows XP owners can also force Vista specific overclocking interfaces usage by setting NVAPIUsageBehaviour to 1. If needed, shader clock control can be forcibly disabled and old traditional overclocking module UI appearance can be forced by setting NVAPIShaderClockControl to 0.
under Power User\Riva Tuner\System

SJA06
09-29-07, 03:58 PM
Not a problem, I may also make nvnews visitors happy and stop answering any questions here too, if I annoy the community here.

You only annoy when you treat people like dirt - ok some are quick to ask questions when they have not researched an issue properly, but it hardly takes a moment to direct them without insult, does it now?

Sorry if you don't like what I say, but I'm not prepared to lick you arse.

My opinion however has nothing to do with the wider nvnews community, so if you punish everyone because your being treated as your treating others then that just proves my point.

retsam
09-29-07, 04:42 PM

good job proving everybodies point! when you developed this product and released it to the community, what did you exspect that nobody was going to ask these types of questions? your so full of yourself, go learn to be a little more gracious and sympatetic to your user base because without them you would jsut have your product and thats it...

Buckeye
09-29-07, 10:54 PM
I thought that I was the only one that felt this way LOL.

However in his defense I imagine that it would get rather tiring answering the same questions over and over again, perhaps if he found someone else that could answer those questions for him. There are many different types of people out there that have widely different computer use and skills experience, many are just trying to learn things and they end up on the other site and trying to figure things out for themselves and gets those kinds of answers posted back at them and that just drives them away.

You could have the greatest piece of software in the world that you bust your rear end over night and night but when newbieís get slammed when asking a question that they just might not have the skills to research for themselves they leave.

I have a SLI system and truly liked RT before these newer drivers came out and now when I see people who get slammed when asked about fan control on SLI systems, something I am very interested in but god forbid me if I ask any question related to that.

Unwinder has great skill in programming and RT is really a work of art, but the greatest downfall for the program in sadly the one who wrote it.

Unwinder
09-30-07, 03:21 AM
You only annoy when you treat people like dirt - ok some are quick to ask questions when they have not researched an issue properly, but it hardly takes a moment to direct them without insult, does it now?

Each man overlooking things steals my time. That is why there is special thread for newbies, where I redirect each man ignoring documentation:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=238078

Those who come to RivaTuner techsupport and completely ignore the redirection or call it lack of social graces like you or clickanovo are simply not belong to people Iím working for.
And Iíve nothing to do in the forum visited by such people. That's absolutely not fun to help such "thankful" and selfish community.

retsam
09-30-07, 03:50 AM

Each man overlooking things steals my time. That is why there is special thread for newbies, where I redirect each man ignoring documentation:

Those who come to RivaTuner techsupport and completely ignore the redirection or call it lack of social graces like you or clickanovo are simply not belong to people Iím working for.
And Iíve nothing to do in the forum visited by such people. That's absolutely not fun to help such "thankful" and selfish community.
wow, you are really arrogent, people stealing your time!...i mean come on now, why are you giving out this product if you think people are stealing your time and arent worth any respect...just give it up then if your so misarable with people.

Tranceaddict
09-30-07, 03:59 AM
Looks like someone here has developed somewhat of a "God Complex", lol.

retsam
09-30-07, 04:02 AM
Looks like someone here has developed somewhat of a "God Complex", lol.
do i know you, does my girlfiend know you:wtf: i thought just my girlfriend called me that in bed....:D

Unwinder
09-30-07, 04:03 AM
wow, you are really arrogent, people stealing your time!...i mean come on now, why are you giving out this product if you think people are stealing your time and arent worth any respect...just give it up then if your so misarable with people.

I develop the product for free to help _normal_ users. You just don't belong to them.

retsam
09-30-07, 04:04 AM
I develop the product for free to help _normal_ users. You just don't belong to them.define normal user then? so does someone have to be a superhuman with an IQ of 180+ to you use your product to your standards? is that what your calling for?

giverz
09-30-07, 04:05 AM
2 pages and not a single person has posted about how high they can oc shaders, sad.

CaptNKILL
09-30-07, 04:07 AM
Come on guys. Relax.

Unwinder has done a lot for this community and hardware enthusiasts in general. He keeps supporting the software that we need, while asking nothing in return... I don't think most of us really care too much about how he communicates with others.

Just my 2 cents...

retsam
09-30-07, 04:08 AM
2 pages and not a single person has posted about how high they can oc shaders, sad.
your right and ill stop now...

giverz
09-30-07, 04:08 AM

ur a penis.