PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated Game?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Blacklash
09-29-07, 09:43 AM
List a game or games you feel were good, average or even terrible that received excellent "professional reviews".

Madpistol
09-29-07, 10:02 AM
Halo 3 :D

+1. :p

K007
09-29-07, 10:03 AM
:)

nekrosoft13
09-29-07, 10:09 AM

+3

spirited1
09-29-07, 10:09 AM
Halo 3. That doesn't mean it's a bad game, of course. It's actually ok. But the hype and acclaim it's receiving doesn't come close to matching the in game reality of actually playing it. UT2004 on a console, only three years late to the party. BUT YOU CAN RECORD UR SHOOTINGS OMG

Baldurs Gate 1+2. Again, it's ok. But damn, what's all the fuss about? Hahah, he talks to his hamster, I CHANGED MY MIND ITS GENIUS.

World Of Warcraft. I don't raid, so maybe this is my fault and I'm missing out on something epically sweetsome. But the 1-60 content plays out like every level you've already played. i feel no more powerful as a lvl 60 than I did when i was lvl 1. It's like walking on a travelator without actually going forward. It probably doesn't help that the game is littered with collect 10 quests, players that insist on jumping everywhere they go for no reason whatsoever and "hay dude cn u lend me sum gold lol??????"""

OldOfEvil
09-29-07, 10:12 AM
Easily the Half-Life series.

The Halo series easily trucks along in the same vein. Decent games, made stupidly popular by their multi-player components. Halo having the distinction of being the only decent multi-player game to come out on the xbox and it's ease of playing. Similar, somewhat to Counter Strike and the hajillion other HL based Multi-player derivatives..

SOAD
09-29-07, 10:16 AM
Half ife 2 ftl ;)

AND Painkiller

crainger
09-29-07, 10:17 AM
I'm gonna agree with Halo 3. Don't get me wrong. It's a great FPS, it looks and sounds amazing, but the gameplay... It just feels a little old and clunky. After playing GoW (I know it's not a FPS) Halo 3 just doesn't have the same energy. So yeah, whiles it's a very good FPS for consoles, it's not what it's made out to be.

BTW Painkiller overrated? You are insane SOAD! It was a hell of a blast!

nutcrackr
09-29-07, 10:22 AM
chronicles of riddick

(best movie adaption sure, but not worth the great reviews imo)

MaysitoJr
09-29-07, 10:29 AM
chronicles of riddick

(best movie adaption sure, but not worth the great reviews imo)

You mean butcher's bay? Actually i played that one (and finished it) and i thought it was awesome: top notch graphics, awesome acting, the story is good and the gameplay was great too. Probably one of the best titles of that year (if not the best imho). My vote would go to Bioshock, don't get me wrong, it is good, but not as good as i expected.

Destroy
09-29-07, 10:32 AM
Halo3 and BioShock, both great games for sure but not 10/10 scores they're getting.

When a game gets 10/10, to me that says it's perfect in every aspect; don't think ANY game can ever say that. Well maybe chess or tetris could be perfect I suppose....

crainger
09-29-07, 10:40 AM
one of the best FPS shooters ever made IMO.

butcher bay was like the first stalker/bioshock type of game made.

Yep. I love Butchers Bay. An amazing game. It was better than the movie, looked better than Doom 3 released around the same time and had a great cast. :D

XDanger
09-29-07, 10:52 AM
is dwight shultz the german guy in butcher bay?
Im sorry to say I have no bad games in my collection

wrathofgod
09-29-07, 11:00 AM
The whole Halo series.

jeffmd
09-29-07, 11:10 AM
Bioshock was NOT getting 10/10 reviews! Anyone who thinks bioshock got overhyped only hyped it themselves. Alot of people were interested in it, what was shown before release was pretty unique, we knew it was using next gen graphics, and that its water effects were supposed to be the cream of the crop...but thats it.

Halo3, its hard to beat microsofts multi million dollar advertising spree and product tie ins. Only movies got that kind of treatment.

Mangler
09-29-07, 11:54 AM
Bioshock was NOT getting 10/10 reviews! Anyone who thinks bioshock got overhyped only hyped it themselves. Alot of people were interested in it, what was shown before release was pretty unique, we knew it was using next gen graphics, and that its water effects were supposed to be the cream of the crop...but thats it.

Halo3, its hard to beat microsofts multi million dollar advertising spree and product tie ins. Only movies got that kind of treatment.

I think some of the console magazines gave bioshock perfect scores.

S.I.N
09-29-07, 12:01 PM
Every game that the masses seem to like and I don't is overrated. World or Warcraft comes to mind and anything else made by Blizzard.

ATOJAR
09-29-07, 12:05 PM
Halo 2 was overrated, i loved the first halo but halo was a big let down, i sold it the day after i bought it!

bugmeplz
09-29-07, 12:59 PM
The Halo series.

Zelda_fan
09-29-07, 01:05 PM
Baldurs Gate 1+2. Again, it's ok. But damn, what's all the fuss about? Hahah, he talks to his hamster, I CHANGED MY MIND ITS GENIUS.

I disagree. About once a year I get a hankering to replay Baldur's Gate II, and IMO it's the best RPG ever made to date. It's RPG perfection. It's a ton of fun when I replay it, and I can't think of a single thing I'd want to change about it.

I mean, there's really nothing quite like slaying the red dragon fikarrag (whatever) and grabbing the 2 handed Holy Avenger of his corpse.

|JuiceZ|
09-29-07, 01:32 PM
CoR the game is freaking awesome. No hype, great graphics, great story line, best game adapted from a movie that I've ever played. And better than the movie. The storyline in the movie was ghey IMO, I liked Pitch Black much better.

As for most overrated game? Its hard to say. There are so many games hyped outta the world today if it ridicules.

CaptNKILL
09-29-07, 01:55 PM
I thought Doom 3 and FEAR were pretty overrated.

Both good games, but... meh... the gameplay didn't change at all after the first couple levels in either game.

CaptNKILL
09-29-07, 02:00 PM
To be honest, I thought Quake 4 was pretty underrated. I had more fun with that than Doom 3, yet it scored significantly lower at most review sites.

Destroy
09-29-07, 02:05 PM
Doom3 avg score was 87.5 and FEAR got a 88.9; not sure how I'd call that overrated.

CaptNKILL
09-29-07, 02:07 PM
Oh god... how could I forget Far Cry.

Couldn't even stand playing past the first few levels. Tried getting into it 3 different times and just got irritated and bored.