PDA

View Full Version : Weird XP Theme Glitch...

Gregor976
09-29-07, 02:40 PM
I use a windows 2000"ish" theme on XP, but lately the window frame style has been reverting "on it's own" to an XP style. When I check the theme it is still "set" to my personal one but it isn't using it. I have to change it and change it back.

Other than annoyance this is a very minor problem so far, I don't however see an obvious resolution off the top of my head. I did a reg repair with no problems found.

Have any of you seen this behavior before and found a solution?

Thanks.

Edit: after 37 views.. no response... Themes? Come on guys...

Gregor976
10-02-07, 06:50 PM
Anyone? "Bump" This is annoying the crap out of me. It's such an inane little problem that it's not worth using my system image from over a month ago... yet... :)

Q
10-02-07, 07:57 PM
Is this a built in theme or a 3rd party one. If it is 3rd party, are you using a utility to apply it or just a patched dll? Vanilla XP or MCE?

Gregor976
10-02-07, 08:02 PM
It's just the regular "windows classic" them that I've modified. It reverts to XP even if I use the unmodified one. Thanks for the reply, btw.

Gregor976
10-20-07, 04:31 PM
One last bump in case the person that can solve this problem just hasn't seen the this thread yet...

Starscream
10-21-07, 01:35 AM
I've seen this happen a lot on machines with various pieces of spyware.

Maybe give Ad-Aware, Spybot and Windows Defender a run.

grey_1
10-21-07, 09:58 AM
If you are just running the windows classic look, which isn't really a theme, just adjust XP for best performance or disable themes altogether in services.

Unless I missed your meaning on what you are using, then disregard. :p

Mr Bigman
10-21-07, 02:29 PM
Go to services and check and make sure themes service has started, check in performance to see what you have checked, leave everything blank execpt for the bottom 3 choices, and if that don't work, you have a hyjack.

Run spybot first than ad-aware. Those should fix it and you could try hyjackthis for the hyjack.

If all fails you need a virus scaner. CA online is the best.