PDA

View Full Version : PS3 hookup to 2407FWP possible? What about sound?

Tygerwoody
10-01-07, 12:08 PM
I was wanting to connect my PS3 to my Dell 2407FWP monitor and I had a few questions.

1. Will it work if I just use a hdmi to dvi cable to the monitor?

2. If so, will the picture be stretched for 1080p content, or will it leave small black bars at the top and bottom of the screen(what i am hoping)? I do not want any scaling at all.

3. How do I hookup sound? I don't have a "home theater" setup. I have just been using my TV's speakers via HDMI.

|MaguS|
10-01-07, 12:12 PM
1) Yes
2) No Clue...
3) If you have an Audio Card that has a front bay like the Creatives do you can use Optical Audio Out, If you don't have the front bay, tell me. If your card is compatible with it I will send you mine which I don't use at all.

evilghost
10-01-07, 12:13 PM
1) Yes
2) No Clue...
3) If you have an Audio Card that has a front bay like the Creatives do you can use Optical Audio Out, If you don't have the front bay, tell me. If your card is compatible with it I will send you mine which I don't use at all.

|MaguS|
10-01-07, 12:13 PM
Dam double posting...

Bman212121
10-01-07, 12:15 PM
I was wanting to connect my PS3 to my Dell 2407FWP monitor and I had a few questions.

1. Will it work if I just use a hdmi to dvi cable to the monitor?

2. If so, will the picture be stretched for 1080p content, or will it leave small black bars at the top and bottom of the screen(what i am hoping)? I do not want any scaling at all.

3. How do I hookup sound? I don't have a "home theater" setup. I have just been using my TV's speakers via HDMI.

You can hook the PS3 up to a 2407 using the HDMI to DVI cable. It will not stretch the image but rather put the black bars at the top and bottom. (98% sure) For sound you'll have to either use the optical cable, or you can use the old composite cable that came with your PS3 and then hook the red/white RCA connections to something for 2 channel sound. The PS3 will let you use HDMI while still using the OLD RCA connections for sound.