PDA

View Full Version : New X-Fi Vista drivers/ALchemy drivers out.

Pages : [1] 2 3

911medic
10-01-07, 01:51 PM
No XP love, though...

Version numbers 2.15.0003 for the driver, 1.00.11 for ALchemy.

Get 'em here (http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?MainCategory=209&nRegionFK=&nCountryFK=&nLanguageFK=&sOSName=Windows+Vista+32-bit&region=1&Product_Name=Sound+Blaster+X-Fi+XtremeGamer&Product_ID=15853&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=26&drivertype=0&x=25&y=3).

AngelGraves13
10-01-07, 02:38 PM
Thanks! Any improvements in BioShock? I'm gonna try this out when I get home.

nekrosoft13
10-01-07, 02:42 PM
nice very nice ;)

does it mention to uninstall old version?

Mr Bigman
10-01-07, 02:59 PM
Nice set but it would be nice if they had drivers for XP also.

Creative is far the slowest when it comes to driver releases.

But working good.

breathemetal
10-01-07, 03:52 PM
Dling now

Dragunov
10-01-07, 04:39 PM
thx, installed the Alchemy already, the program uninstalled the old version first and then installed the new one

Anything changed in Alchemy?

New or improved stuff in the new driver?

thx

ynnek
10-01-07, 05:34 PM
These new drivers cause my vista x64 to bluescreen every time I exit a game. "LOCKED PAGE" or something fault. Happened with both OpenAL type games, and ALchemy type games.

Curiously, when Vista reboots, it thinks its a video driver fault that caused the last bluescreen. (running 163.69)

I uninstalled, and reinstalled the previous official drivers (6.0.1.1302?? don't have the name of the file offhand cause its in my Administrator's account folder, too lazy to log over and check) and previous ver of Alchemy(just to be consistant) and everything is fine again.

$n][pErMan
10-01-07, 07:26 PM
Is this going to mess up my PAX X-Fi 2 software? The only reason I dont update my drives is because I enjoy having the control panel and volume control with the remote.

Dragunov
10-01-07, 07:50 PM
Well, first gonna uninstall the old driver, then reboot in safe mode and gonna use some cleaning tools to clean up the remainings

bob saget
10-01-07, 08:57 PM
does vista 64 have problems running 5.1? and if so, is there anything to be done?

DRen72
10-01-07, 08:57 PM
My only beef with upgrading X-Fi drivers is that it kills my custom EQ settings everytime and I have to spend several minutes getting those set back just right.

nekrosoft13
10-01-07, 09:00 PM
does vista 64 have problems running 5.1? and if so, is there anything to be done?

mine works just fine

911medic
10-02-07, 01:26 AM
Thanks! Any improvements in BioShock? I'm gonna try this out when I get home.I'm not running Vista, so I can't say.nice very nice ;)

does it mention to uninstall old version?Anything changed in Alchemy?

thxNot much info from Creative on these. I didn't see any real "release notes."

Single Player
10-02-07, 02:27 AM
in thx console subwoofer drops out at 100% level gain +15dB(Crossover Frequency at 80Hz THX). Didn't before.
75% works fine.. maybe it supposed to be like this.

AngelGraves13
10-02-07, 02:50 PM
I am no longer getting audio breakup in the BioShock menus. Seems like a much better driver so far.

nekrosoft13
10-02-07, 02:58 PM
thx, installed the Alchemy already, the program uninstalled the old version first and then installed the new one

Anything changed in Alchemy?

thx

not 100% but i think it was released to add Auzentech x-fi prelude support.

Lfctony
10-02-07, 03:05 PM
BSOD within minutes of installing this driver while not in a game. Back to the old ones. :(

nekrosoft13
10-02-07, 03:15 PM
BSOD within minutes of installing this driver while not in a game. Back to the old ones. :(

did you uninstall everything creative related before the new set?

ynnek
10-02-07, 04:15 PM
Yea, I uninstall everything via control panel add remove and device manager's uninstal driver steps Creative tells you to do. and had problems with this new driver (look at my previous post, BSOD on game exits)..

Sooo, I uninstalled the new drivers and put back the preivous official ones.

Just curious, you guys have that KB hotfix to reduce virtual memory addressing size installed? i do...

Lfctony
10-03-07, 01:57 AM
did you uninstall everything creative related before the new set?

Yeah, clean install using the XDC cleaner after uninstalling the drivers. :(

LordJuanlo
10-04-07, 04:33 AM
Same problem here, get BSOD when exiting Bioshock, didn't have this problem with previous driver. BTW, I have the X-Fi since october 2005 and never ever had a single problem with drivers, with both XP and Vista. I thought I was one of those lucky guys after seeing tons and tons of problems at Creative forums, but not anymore.

I uninstalled previous driver via control panel, reboot, installed new drivers, reboot again, enter Bioshock, play some minutes, exit and... BOOM.

Maybe I should try driver cleaner, any other suggestions? (btw, I have never installed Alchemy, I use XP for those DS3D games)

Sborg
10-04-07, 04:58 AM
Installed new drivers and np :)

I think the sound sounds better too, playing some music and they are very clear and sound better 5.1 surround sound too.

Games UT 2004 plays ok and sounds better too.

When they Winxp drivers coming out Creative ;) :thumbsup:

AngelGraves13
10-04-07, 06:05 AM

I think the sound sounds better too, playing some music and they are very clear and sound better 5.1 surround sound too.

Agreed! Sound is cleaner and sharper for me here.

crainger
10-04-07, 06:45 AM
ZOMG I forget teh driver. Downloading now!

EDIT: Ohhh new webpage design :D

EDIT: 267kbps

EDIT: Oh new Alchemy. :D

crainger
10-04-07, 08:23 AM

i just put on Waltz of the Flowers from the unofficial Bioshock album and I think it's sounding a fair bit cleaner. :D