PDA

View Full Version : Possible to flash from windows?

WeReWoLf
10-01-07, 04:24 PM
Back around the time when i bought this system, a bios update was released. I know i was able to Flash the bios via windows, but now no matter how hard i look, i just can't seem to find a damn tool that will allow me to update my bios via windows, and i don't have a floppy drive here anymore.

I tried installing the new Asus Winflash tool, but it tells me "Current bios does not support the program of this version. please use other version V1.xx"

What the hell Asus?!

If you're wondering and couldn't be bother looking at the sig, i have an Asus P5N-e SLI

evox
10-01-07, 04:45 PM
did you try updating the bios via EZFlash with a thumbdrive?

nightmare beta
10-01-07, 04:56 PM
Back around the time when i bought this system, a bios update was released. I know i was able to Flash the bios via windows, but now no matter how hard i look, i just can't seem to find a damn tool that will allow me to update my bios via windows, and i don't have a floppy drive here anymore.

I tried installing the new Asus Winflash tool, but it tells me "Current bios does not support the program of this version. please use other version V1.xx"

What the hell Asus?!

If you're wondering and couldn't be bother looking at the sig, i have an Asus P5N-e SLI
Just download the latest bios to a dvd-r/rw/cd-r/rw and set your bios to defaults, put the cd in the drive, shut down, wait 10 seconds, turn your machine back on, and press whatever keys are necessary to get the bios menu. usually it's alt+f2.

methimpikehoses
10-01-07, 05:04 PM
did you try updating the bios via EZFlash with a thumbdrive?

+1