PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Beta Now Public

Pages : 1 2 [3]

BioHazZarD
10-02-07, 04:54 PM
yepp thats the issue probably look for servers with version 5598 thats what the beta number 3 client is.

delas52
10-02-07, 05:07 PM
Just got it installed, going to try it out now.

$n][pErMan
10-02-07, 05:17 PM
oh damn, dunno if u remember me. I did waypoints for ur cs waypoint pack!
The name strikes a bell :) How I enjoyed those days... when fileplanet was free and betas were free for everyone to enjoy without BS logins :) Perhaps we will meet on the battlefield again in Crysis or UT3 :D

Airbrushkid
10-02-07, 05:42 PM
Been trying most of the day to connect. It times out or just sits there.

Eliminator
10-02-07, 05:43 PM
I just tried to play it. The graphics were all corrupted and it would barely run

I blame my old crappy system.
you have to wait to cache the shaders... it does it on the fly... if you notice on the yellow textures it will say compiling shaders

aceflier
10-02-07, 05:58 PM
Figures I go back to work today after 10 days off hopefully woulda been playing the demo. Now this is out and it tells me. We're sorry crysis beta now closed. FTL

agentkay
10-02-07, 06:09 PM
Figures I go back to work today after 10 days off hopefully woulda been playing the demo. Now this is out and it tells me. We're sorry crysis beta now closed. FTL

There are two or three guys in the beta thread that have given up on it and Im sure chances are good that you would get one of the keys.

aceflier
10-02-07, 06:14 PM
There are two or three guys in the beta thread that have given up on it and Im sure chances are good that you would get one of the keys.

It's ok from the looks of performance I'd just kick myself in the arse for spending $3200 on a new pc in march and it run at 30fps. ;)

v3rninater
10-02-07, 06:32 PM
you have to wait to cache the shaders... it does it on the fly... if you notice on the yellow textures it will say compiling shaders

It didn't do that before, I've noticed that what ever they did to enable that "on the fly" caching, is what DEFINITLY jumped the performance up by a lot.

I'm sooo excited for SP Crysis, I hope the demo is 64bit-DX10 everything, save ultra high rez.

Wooooooh!!:captnkill:

breathemetal
10-02-07, 09:06 PM
It didn't do that before, I've noticed that what ever they did to enable that "on the fly" caching, is what DEFINITLY jumped the performance up by a lot.

I'm sooo excited for SP Crysis, I hope the demo is 64bit-DX10 everything, save ultra high rez.

Wooooooh!!:captnkill:

I reallllly hope the sp demo is dx10
i dont care about they very high setting as much, but it better be dx10 lol
64bit support would be nice as well
Im gonna reformat into 64bit soon anyways

jeffmd
10-02-07, 09:16 PM
if you thought fighting with games in vista was a chore, 64bit is worse. -_-

When I loaded up crysis for the first time tonight (knowing ahead of time about the shader compiling) it only took about 30 seconds for the first observer scene to finish compiling, and only severel seconds of each jumping between a few people. It was pretty fast, the only way I could have gotten the screenshot above is if I had imedietly hit the screen shot button upon loading the first time.

Also I'm sure when the game is finalized, a method for pre-compiling before your in the game will be devised.

red13
10-03-07, 10:26 AM
Whats better.. Q6600 or C2D6750 for Crysis?

mythy
10-03-07, 11:02 AM
for the beta the dual core, for release the quad

red13
10-03-07, 01:40 PM
for the beta the dual core, for release the quad

thx

Ninjaman09
10-03-07, 02:06 PM
Yay, thanks for posting - I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. :D

vert305
10-03-07, 05:08 PM
Stupid beta is not open anymore (Free) :( Fuk Fileplanet $15 my ass.