PDA

View Full Version : Hot deal! $37.99 Orange Box and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars PC @ CC

Odral
10-02-07, 12:40 AM
Circiut City will have Orange Box and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars for PC on 10/9 for $37.99 each!

http://mail.icmail.net/users/icmail@icmail.net/cc1.pdf

CaptNKILL
10-02-07, 03:37 AM
Damn. If I didnt already have it through Steam I'd do this.

I wish I had the box.

NaitoSan
10-02-07, 03:54 AM
wow cheap, good i didn't pre order it or something. might pick up a copy of orange box. :) well, i'm planning to get it anyway. been waiting forever to play hl2 ep2.

Stoneyguy
10-02-07, 06:52 AM
wow! Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna hold on getting Enemy Territory as well until the 7th now.

nekrosoft13
10-02-07, 07:17 AM
and then some people might wonder why some people refuse to buy from steam.

prices on steam are way overpriced.

nekrosoft13
10-02-07, 07:20 AM
Circiut City will have Orange Box and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars for PC on 10/7 for $37.99 each!

http://mail.icmail.net/users/icmail@icmail.net/cc1.pdf

actually it says available on tuesday, thats the 9th

six_storm
10-02-07, 08:12 AM
I'd rather order through steam for $5 more and have the ability to re-d/l the games anytime I want.

Stoneyguy
10-02-07, 09:57 AM
I'd rather order through steam for $5 more and have the ability to re-d/l the games anytime I want.

I'm curious as to why you think the ability to DL a game is superior to having a CD and installing the game. Is it because you have to decrypt the files on a CD and not the DLed version, or is it just because your careless with your CDs?

Odral
10-02-07, 09:58 AM
actually it says available on tuesday, thats the 9th

Thanks, I updated it to reflect the correct date.

nekrosoft13
10-02-07, 10:47 AM

you do realize that orange box is steam version anyway.

this way, you get a nice box, actual DVD to install the game, instead of waiting hours for it download. And you can still download it as many times if you want, in case you loose the disc.

|JuiceZ|
10-02-07, 10:52 AM
wish I'd known this before pre-ordering from Steam. O well you live and you learn.

LurkerLito
10-02-07, 10:58 AM
IMO that sounds like a good deal but really for me the difference is about $1-$3 at most. With tax, the CC retail is about $2.50 less throw in how much it would cost to drive there and I'd bet the most I'd save is about $2 tops. Not really worth it unless you really want the box. YMMV depending on your sales tax rate and distance to the store, but unless HL2E2 was $29.99, the Steam preorder version is really about the same price.

Odral
10-02-07, 11:03 AM
IMO that sounds like a good deal but really for me the difference is about $1-$3 at most. With tax, the CC retail is about $2.50 less throw in how much it would cost to drive there and I'd bet the most I'd save is about $2 tops. Not really worth it unless you really want the box. YMMV depending on your sales tax rate and distance to the store, but unless HL2E2 was $29.99, the Steam preorder version is really about the same price.

But for those that will not pre order this will be the better deal at launch time compared at the $50 which will be from Valve.

six_storm
10-02-07, 11:35 AM
I'm curious as to why you think the ability to DL a game is superior to having a CD and installing the game. Is it because you have to decrypt the files on a CD and not the DLed version, or is it just because your careless with your CDs?

I just don't care to have any more CDs/DVDs hanging around the house than I already have. I sold all of my PC games a year or two ago and all I had left when I came back to PC gaming was Steam games.

Stoneyguy
10-02-07, 12:24 PM
I just don't care to have any more CDs/DVDs hanging around the house than I already have. I sold all of my PC games a year or two ago and all I had left when I came back to PC gaming was Steam games.

Ok, gotcha.

Tygerwoody
10-02-07, 01:01 PM
qft...

People who enjoy collecting video game boxes are just weird. If I could get rid of every game box I ever owned , I would.

In all honesty. I'd pay $20 more than the box version to download from steam. Steam is convenient, fast, and worry free. And I don't have TRASH sitting around in my house. Cardboard video game boxes are TRASH. Seeing them as "collectors items" is just outright sad. The only way I'll keep a box is if it is a nice plastic DVD sized box and it has the CD key on the inside. And even then, I'd really rather just have it on Steam.

six_storm
10-02-07, 01:16 PM
Steam is convenient, fast, and worry free.

+1

repoman0
10-04-07, 03:45 PM
Steam is convenient, fast, and worry free.

What are you, a Valve spokesman?

There's nothing wrong with wanting a box - nobody cares that you don't like having them, and it's not sad just because you don't like having them around. This can go both ways - it's outright sad that you'd pay $20 more for a download because you're too lazy to go to the store and insert a CD. It's the same thing as CD's vs. downloads - most people prefer the good old CD so that you actually have an item, you can look at the artwork, and look through the lyrics and pictures they have in there for the same price or less than a download.

Rakeesh
10-04-07, 03:48 PM
I remember two weeks after episode 1 came out, CC sold it for $8.

bob saget
10-04-07, 04:27 PM
qft...

People who enjoy collecting video game boxes are just weird. If I could get rid of every game box I ever owned , I would.

In all honesty. I'd pay $20 more than the box version to download from steam. Steam is convenient, fast, and worry free. And I don't have TRASH sitting around in my house. Cardboard video game boxes are TRASH. Seeing them as "collectors items" is just outright sad. The only way I'll keep a box is if it is a nice plastic DVD sized box and it has the CD key on the inside. And even then, I'd really rather just have it on Steam.

I see what you are getting at. Most of my games are in "box" format. I make sure to throw away any that i don't bother around anymore with. They collect dust and take up room. I still have the box from HL2 when they had the character's face on the cover, and you open the outer flap, and its a picture of the city 17 "square", the one with the big TV in the middle. Mine had the G-MAN on the front cover:). Pretty looking picture. I also like the Quake 4 inner picture.

CaptNKILL
10-04-07, 07:31 PM
Zomg, the entire world is insane and retarded for wanting to have a collection of physical objects! People who buy boxes are sad and somehow defective and should be killed. I would pay Valve 7 million dollars per game if they killed all game-box collectors and stomped on their pets.

:lol:

manasota
10-04-07, 09:57 PM
qft...

Issues. :werd: