PDA

View Full Version : bestest ebay experience

tornadog
10-02-07, 10:04 AM
I went ahead and got a used 60 GB ps3 from Ebay for 345 + shipping. This was from one of the bulk sellers and the description said it was used; has minor surface scratches and box was slightly damaged. Got it yesterday and the minor damage to the box was a slight crumple on the bottom and a torn bit on the top.

Opened the box, and the ps3 was shiny new. I inspected it closely under light and finally found one small area on the base that was scratched, but it wasnt even visible. Then I thought maybe theres something inside thats wrong and turned it on. Booted up no problem, controller was fully charged, firmware was at 1.55. set up wireless, updated to 1.93. Logged into the psn shop using my old id from my stolen ps3 and it was working.

Went to my download list, warhawk, flow and rubadub were all there. downloaded all of them, changed my password for the account. installed warhawk, no problems. started the game and logged in, joined a server and all worked fine. I thought I would have to call Sony to give me access to the game, since it was bought on another machine but I guess not. So in all it was an awesome purchase, something I havent experienced from Ebay!!!

ENU291
10-02-07, 10:08 AM
Congrats! :) I hope you enjoy your purchase... ( great deal BTW)

Namrok
10-02-07, 10:27 AM
Would have been hilarious if the PS3 you got off ebay seemed a little too familiar, but I'm glad it all worked out for you.

tornadog
10-02-07, 10:46 AM
Would have been hilarious if the PS3 you got off ebay seemed a little too familiar, but I'm glad it all worked out for you.

you wont believe but everyday I log in to ebay and do a search for ps3 that are selling within 50 miles of my zipcode!!!