PDA

View Full Version : Two Worlds any good?

Pages : [1] 2

Nv40
10-03-07, 12:49 AM
The game is very similar to Oblivion ,the graphics looks awesome..
But so far in reviews

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/914403.asp?q=two%20worlds

the game gets low scores.. any one with the game?

CaptNKILL
10-03-07, 12:51 AM
Its very low budget.

The characters are extremely realistic, but overall it seems like a budget title. At least from what I played in the demo.

Also, the combat is terrible.

crainger
10-03-07, 12:56 AM
I didn't hear anything good about it at all :(

Although I think Nekro thought it was ok, so there might be an enjoyable game in there somewhere. :D

CaptNKILL
10-03-07, 01:13 AM
I didn't hear anything good about it at all :(

Although I think Nekro thought it was ok, so there might be an enjoyable game in there somewhere. :D
Yeah thats what I got from it.

If they fixed it up a bit it'd be an interesting game, but its just too cheesy right now. Lots of glitches and the combat is really bad. Plus, the monster voices are some of the worst I've ever heard. Its like they said "ok, uhh... Jim, you go growl into a mic, and whatever you do the first time will be in the final game...". Needless to say, he didn't do a good job...

nekrosoft13
10-03-07, 07:46 AM
its an ok game, it won't win any awards, but if you want a good RPG, give it a try.

I will post some screenshots, story is decent, good missions.

story wise and mission wise is better then Oblivion.

|MaguS|
10-03-07, 07:57 AM
it's ok... not worth the $30 I payed for it. If you can wait till its $19.99 then I would recommend buying it but honestly its nothing special.

crainger
10-03-07, 08:28 AM
its an ok game, it won't win any awards, but if you want a good RPG, give it a try.

I will post some screenshots, story is decent, good missions.

story wise and mission wise is better then Oblivion.

Yeah. The story in Oblivion was pretty crap. The side missions, especially The Dark Brotherhood ones were awesome though.

stefan9
10-03-07, 09:37 AM
Two worlds is ok. It was decent to fill the time till nwn 2's expansion and the witcher were launching. Thats why I bought it since there's was no other rpg out at that time.

It's not a great game but if you like rpg's and just want to play one till the bigger titles starting coming then it's not a total waste of money.

lognoronon
10-03-07, 09:51 AM
I like it more than Gothic 3 and Oblivion.

nekrosoft13
10-03-07, 10:09 AM
I like it more than Gothic 3 and Oblivion.

from RPG view, Gothic 3 was ok, Oblivion was quite bad.

|MaguS|
10-03-07, 10:25 AM
from RPG view, Gothic 3 was ok, Oblivion was quite bad.

Honestly I thought both Gothic 3 and Two Worlds were weaker on the gameplay side of things when compared to Oblivion. Their combat and magic systems are so overly complicated and just not fun. Yeah they were better RPGs but I dont want to have to fight the game just to enjoy its story.

I honestly didn't care for Oblivions main story... the side quests and mods are far more interesting.

DRen72
10-03-07, 03:24 PM
I played through Two Worlds and enjoyed it. I tried the horse but that was a mess...too buggy, so I walked/teleported everywhere. I think I covered 100% of the games map and got through every underground area as well. Overall, not too bad but I was hoping it would be a little bigger. I'm looking forward to The Witcher next.

malachi1313
10-03-07, 06:21 PM
I didnt like it much. Not my cup of tea I guess..

Redeemed
10-03-07, 06:24 PM
Yeah. The story in Oblivion was pretty crap. The side missions, especially The Dark Brotherhood ones were awesome though.
I thought the story in Oblivion was awesome! :o I'm kinda' getting bored of these side missions though...

Stoneyguy
10-03-07, 06:32 PM
I'm playing Fable The Lost Chapters, and it's the best RPG game I've played in some time.

breathemetal
10-03-07, 06:33 PM
1. Fable
2. Oblivion
3. Two Worlds

I cant wait for Fable 2!
And TES5 will be amazing. It should be out in 2009 or 2010 (at least thats what im guessing)

Two worlds is a fun game

DRen72
10-03-07, 08:38 PM
I'm playing Fable The Lost Chapters, and it's the best RPG game I've played in some time.Good game. A little short I thought, but very interesting.

crainger
10-03-07, 11:13 PM
Yep. Fable is a great game. Not quite what the dev hyped to be. But still a very enjoyable game. One thing that made it for me was being able to make the NPCs call me Ranger. They'd say. "It's my old pal Ranger". Ofcourse my last name is Rainger pronounced Ranger. :D

nekrosoft13
10-04-07, 12:10 AM
they used to call me chicken chaser, never finished the game :|

crainger
10-04-07, 12:14 AM
they used to call me chicken chaser, never finished the game :|

LOL You can purchase new titles if you kicked to many chickens when young. Also some like Paladin have to be earnt through quests. You should give it another go in the off season. Especially if you liked games like Jade Empire.

buffbiff21
10-13-07, 09:05 PM
This game got 4/10, and 2/10 from Game Informer. :lol:

pwnt

nekrosoft13
10-13-07, 09:14 PM
This game got 4/10, and 2/10 from Game Informer. :lol:

pwnt

quite stupid magazine to give that score

NarcissistZero
03-06-08, 08:14 PM
So Two Worlds is $10 on Steam until Monday... very tempted at that price, even though I know it's somewhat mediocre.

Thoughts?

nekrosoft13
03-06-08, 08:51 PM
its not the best RPG, but its fun to play

crainger
03-06-08, 09:01 PM
What rating out of 7 would Geralt give it?