PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Episode 2 Preloading NOW

Pages : [1] 2

six_storm
10-03-07, 05:56 PM
Restart Steam and preload away. Only one week away from some more gaming goodness from Valve. Now I gotta finish up Episode 1 . . .

breathemetal
10-03-07, 06:07 PM
does preloading mean that it will be available to buy and download via steam soon?

six_storm
10-03-07, 06:20 PM
does preloading mean that it will be available to buy and download via steam soon?

Preloading means that you've already purchased it through Steam and that you are pretty much downloading the entire game, maybe minus a few key items that the game needs. When it's done, the game is locked until release date and on release day, you'll d/l the last little bits, the game will be unlocked and you're playing!

breathemetal
10-03-07, 06:24 PM
I see
wouldnt it just be easier to buy it and have a hard copy?

Try4Ce
10-03-07, 06:37 PM
Didn't like Ep1 that much tho, but I will give EP2 a shot. I'm excited about the engine updates. New Particle Effects and Dual-Core optimizsations ftw :D

arioch21
10-03-07, 06:41 PM
I see

depends ;p

I bought mine over steam and never regretted it, I dont like dealing with CD's, sometimes i just want to sit down and double click a game to play, not go look for cd's, I dont always play the same thing non stop, I may go weeks or more without playing so cd's get stored away...

you can either go buy it at your nearest store, some close, some far, make sure they have copies, for some of us spend money to get to the store, for others wait for your package to arrive, or spend extra cash to have it next day, for me I have it pre-downloaded and a click away from playing once its officially "released", no cd or serial key to deal with.

some like the cd/dvd (boxes, collectors, hands on manuals) others are liking the downloaded, online versions. Just all comes down to the person.

crainger
10-03-07, 06:42 PM
Restart Steam and preload away. Only one week away from some more gaming goodness from Valve. Now I gotta finish up Episode 1 . . .

Awesome!

I'm going to touch myself I think. It will be good.

war_child
10-03-07, 06:54 PM
dang I haven't even finished EP1 :)

crainger
10-03-07, 06:57 PM
dang I haven't even finished EP1 :)

Shouldn't take long. It's a wild ride. But short.

Madpistol
10-03-07, 06:59 PM
54% instantly... this shouldn't take long. ;)

crainger
10-03-07, 07:01 PM
54% instantly... this shouldn't take long. ;)

That's what she said! :D

I've noticed that pre loads usually start around 50%. Is that becuase I already have HL2 games installed and they share assets?

nVJoe
10-03-07, 07:11 PM
Didn't like Ep1 that much tho, but I will give EP2 a shot. I'm excited about the engine updates. New Particle Effects and Dual-Core optimizsations ftw :D
Yeah, Ep1 was ok. I would not have bought it but it came with the Orange set when you buy it off of Steam.

That's what she said! :D

I've noticed that pre loads usually start around 50%. Is that becuase I already have HL2 games installed and they share assets?
That is because you have been downloading clients all day long. DUh!

Downloading client

Rummy
10-03-07, 07:19 PM
awesome

vert305
10-03-07, 07:21 PM
depends ;p

I bought mine over steam and never regretted it, I dont like dealing with CD's, sometimes i just want to sit down and double click a game to play, not go look for cd's, I dont always play the same thing non stop, I may go weeks or more without playing so cd's get stored away...

you can either go buy it at your nearest store, some close, some far, make sure they have copies, for some of us spend money to get to the store, for others wait for your package to arrive, or spend extra cash to have it next day, for me I have it pre-downloaded and a click away from playing once its officially "released", no cd or serial key to deal with.

some like the cd/dvd (boxes, collectors, hands on manuals) others are liking the downloaded, online versions. Just all comes down to the person.

(I will say buy the hard copy first) then . Just use a No-Dvd Crack from gamecopyworld...... No more cd needed

pross
10-03-07, 07:30 PM
Downloading yet another client....

DRen72
10-03-07, 07:41 PM
(I will say buy the hard copy first) then . Just use a No-Dvd Crack from gamecopyworld...... No more cd neededFunny, I've never needed to leave the HL2 DVD in the drive to play.

shabby
10-03-07, 08:44 PM
I see

Nonsense, digital 0's and 1's is much better then an actual box with a dvd and a manual... ya i dont see the point either.

beardstroke
10-03-07, 08:45 PM
i havent even finished regular half-life 2 : |

I always seem to get bored, its just puzzle after puzzle it seems : | no real action in most parts, your just running around trying to figure out what switch opens what door.

CaptNKILL
10-03-07, 08:50 PM
I just started preloading and I decided to check the size of my Steam folder...

38 gigs! :wtf:

CaptNKILL
10-03-07, 08:52 PM
Nonsense, digital 0's and 1's is much better then an actual box with a dvd and a manual... ya i dont see the point either.
I like having the boxed versions of all my games, but I wanted to play TF2 beta so I bought the Orange Box through steam. Been playing TF2 for about 2 weeks now. :)

Rummy
10-03-07, 08:55 PM

Mines only 23.2:(

PaiN
10-03-07, 08:55 PM
on it ASAP

tx

Q
10-03-07, 08:57 PM

45.9 GB (49,372,873,003 bytes)

I've wasted more money than you! :D

:o :(

malachi1313
10-03-07, 09:12 PM

Holy crap I just noticed mine is 30 gigs.!! I only have 6 gigs left on that partition too....

CaptNKILL
10-03-07, 09:17 PM
Holy crap I just noticed mine is 30 gigs.!! I only have 6 gigs left on that partition too....
I was down to 20gigs on my game partition. I had to move some stuff.

Now I have around 85. :)