PDA

View Full Version : BioShock PC Patch testers wanted!

AngelGraves13
10-04-07, 05:03 AM
News of BioShock's first PC patch is making a splash on the 2K forums.

From 2K Elizabeth:

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a few good gamers who are willing to help me test out our PC patch before we release it to the public. However, there are a couple ground rules to be involved:

1. you must have a retail copy of the game, not from Steam of Direct 2 Drive
2. you must be comfortable giving me your full name, address, phone number, and be willing to communicate frequently with me and the techs about the patch, including giving us access to your log files, etc. so that we can address any errors you may get.
3. you must sign an NDA and adhere to it.

if you are willing to agree to these 3 ground rules, please email me with the subject line "PC PATCH APPLICATION". in the application, list the following:

name
address
phone number
email address
full PC specifications (all your hardware as detailed as possible, platform, etc.)
current issues you are having with the game on your PC

i'll be picking people based on how easily they are able to communicate with me, so please take time to be as detailed and as clear as possible. this is going to help everyone get the patch faster, so thanks for your help!

Source: Recruiting PC patch testers (http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13161)

crainger
10-04-07, 05:38 AM
Ima email elizbeth with my PC and my prob.

It says

It dun work fix it now or i neva by a 2k game agen.

she will pic me fersure :D

I would have emailed, but I'm sure they'd get jack of trying to communicate through Timezones and also Bioshock ran flawlessly on my PC :D

Pretty good interaction with the community though.

Actually I might type up an application, see what they are going to do with the widescreen FOV. :)

Redeemed
10-04-07, 05:40 AM
Hi.

crainger
10-04-07, 05:48 AM
Hi.

Away with you.

Redeemed
10-04-07, 05:50 AM
Away with you.
*Shakes Crainger's hand*

Mighty fine to meet ya', chap. ;)

nutcrackr
10-04-07, 05:51 AM
us only testes?

Redeemed
10-04-07, 05:51 AM
us only testes?
Yeah, my testes are US only. That's kinda' personal though... what are you after? :wtf: :bleh:

nutcrackr
10-04-07, 06:17 AM
Well I'm open to a wide range of testes, Elizabeth probably prefers a certain type though.

K007
10-04-07, 06:18 AM
wtf...for a single player game..that is probably uninstalled after finishing it..once..or max twice (being good/bad)...hell getting Crysis beta is alot more easy than this pointless patch -.-..

crainger
10-04-07, 07:01 AM
wtf...for a single player game..that is probably uninstalled after finishing it..once..or max twice (being good/bad)...hell getting Crysis beta is alot more easy than this pointless patch -.-..

I think 2K are still riding the hype wave and are doing anything they can to keep it moving.

3DBrad
10-04-07, 08:19 AM
Bioshock = dead

crainger
10-04-07, 09:32 AM
Bioshock = dead

Unfortunately I have to agree. While the single player is awesome. After you've played it once, there isn't a whole lot to do. The two different paths just aren't different enough. You still end up with the same plasmids, the same amount, fighting the same boss. :(

FastRedPonyCar
10-04-07, 10:59 AM
tell them to make it widescreen. playing at 1690X1050 just doesn't look quite right..

SH0DAN
10-04-07, 12:10 PM
tell them to make it widescreen. playing at 1690X1050 just doesn't look quite right..

Now wonder it doesnt look right,look at you res !!?? :D

BTW : Bioshock ran perfectly on my system and my wifes.

FastRedPonyCar
10-04-07, 12:25 PM
my bad. 1680X1050. I fat fingered the 9 :D

methimpikehoses
10-04-07, 12:45 PM
What's Bioshock?

FastRedPonyCar
10-04-07, 12:56 PM
What's Bioshock?

What an excellent question! Deserving of an excellent answer.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1394-Zero-Punctuation-BioShock

methimpikehoses
10-04-07, 01:24 PM
What an excellent question! Deserving of an excellent answer.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1394-Zero-Punctuation-BioShock

Oh yeah, I used to own that game!

XDanger
10-04-07, 01:29 PM
I should have Ebayed my Big Daddy sooner, was going for about $100 at one point.

XDanger
10-04-07, 01:30 PM
The FOV patch works fine no??

dandano
10-04-07, 01:32 PM
you are all a bunch of neophiliacs. once something new comes out, all other concerns are forgotten.

bioshock is a great game. imo, a truly immersive experience. while it is true, that bioshock is simply a linear fps, there are a variety of ways you can set up your character for combat, which makes for a different experience. also, for those of you into zero punctuation, check out the new halo3 review. looks like bioshock wasnt as bad as first thought (compared to halo3).

link (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2304-Zero-Punctuation-Halo-3)

andy_nv
10-04-07, 01:49 PM
ROFL @ the link :D

AngelGraves13
10-04-07, 08:19 PM
Just curious...how many people have signed on to test the beta patch? I can't because i have the STEAM version.

crainger
10-04-07, 08:38 PM
I sent an email last night, although I think it's US only. :o

But who knows. All the programming was done in Australia. :D