PDA

View Full Version : Whats best way to go for Dx10

Abren
10-04-07, 06:17 AM
Hi,
I have the 8800gtx's and was wanting to get some info.
1.Which Vista shud I get to play Dx10 games.
2.Does Sli work in Vista yet?
3. Are there proper drivers for Dx10 games yet?
4. Can i play world in conflict and other Dx10 games that are coming out without having to go braindead.
5. will one 8800gtx suffice to play world in conflict in all its beauty, on a resolution of 1920*1200, 2gigs Ram,Core 2duo 2,6ghz

(Is there a significant difference while playing world in conflict on Dx10 vs Dx9)

shrapnel
10-04-07, 11:28 AM
1.Which Vista shud I get to play Dx10 games.
Don't install Vista.......still not optimized for gaming.
2.Does Sli work in Vista yet?
Not optimally.
3. No
4. Brain stone dead:D
5. No, nice dream though:D
(Is there a significant difference while playing world in conflict on Dx10 vs Dx9)
Yes, DX10 looks better, but do so if you like slide shows;)
In short, enjoy your super graphic card with DX9 and Windows XP Service Pack2 and don't waste your time trying to game on Vista with DX10....... at least for the next 2-3 months!!

weeds
10-04-07, 11:39 AM
Windows Vista vs Windows XP Performance: 7 Months Later.
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/amd_nvidia_windows_vista_driver_performance_update/

DirectX 10 Performance Update: Is DX10 Really Worth It?
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/geforce_radeon_directx_10_performance_update/

XDanger
10-04-07, 02:07 PM
http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Guides/world_in_conflict_performance_guide/3.html

This is with an OC GTS by the way.

Dont listen to shrapnel ,Dual boot Vista 64/XP,

Oh...
and buy more ram.

ATOJAR
10-04-07, 02:48 PM
Nothing wrong with vista for playing games, all my games run just as good at XP Pro for me! ..... well to be honest BF2142 is the only game i have trouble playing .... i get really bad stuttering! ... it kinds feels like my system dont have enough memory! .... although in xp pro i can play 1920x1440 all ingame settings maxed with AAX8Q, and all other setting maxed in nvidia control panel and it runs really nice!(80-90+fps if i remember correctly)

DRen72
10-04-07, 03:53 PM
Windows Vista vs Windows XP Performance: 7 Months Later.
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/amd_nvidia_windows_vista_driver_performance_update/

DirectX 10 Performance Update: Is DX10 Really Worth It?
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/geforce_radeon_directx_10_performance_update/Nice articles! These provide useful information that answered a lot of questions I was having lately.

FearMeAll
10-04-07, 04:10 PM
so sli works from thjat article I read. I'd like to go sli again...darnit..can sli work with vsync nowadays?

Revs
10-04-07, 04:21 PM
so sli works from thjat article I read. I'd like to go sli again...darnit..can sli work with vsync nowadays?

It always did for me in XP and it does now in Vista.

PaiN
10-04-07, 04:48 PM
I can't speak for SLI, but Vista64 works like a charm for gaming...I run a single GTX and have had no issue playing any game DX10(or9) full up at 1920x1200

evox
10-04-07, 08:16 PM
I can't speak for SLI, but Vista64 works like a charm for gaming...I run a single GTX and have had no issue playing any game DX10(or9) full up at 1920x1200
QFT. Vista x64 pwns at gaming:)

Don't install Vista.......still not optimized for gaming.
Time to crawl out of that rock....what say?

Abren
10-05-07, 03:52 AM
Great So now i Know Vista works for gaming.
But which Vista should i buy? 64bit 32bit? Ultimate or Basic, etc etc

Also has anyone here played world in conflict in Dx10 mode? and does it work fine. I was told above that If i want Frame shots I should go for Dx10 so one more clarification please.

Thanks a lot to all for all your help btw.Cheers, this is a great forum.

FearMeAll
10-05-07, 06:31 AM
vista64 is great! works with everything I've thrown at it. The only thing that I can't run is Gametap. that makes me cry sometimes but that is gametap's fault for having no support at all for x64 systems.
I may get a copy of xp home for gametap alone because I love that service..hopefully sometime in the future they will get a clue and get with the times.

Vasot02
10-05-07, 06:39 AM
Just install both XP and Vista just to be sure

Vista still has some issues

FastRedPonyCar: nah I went back to xp. this is clearly something that was up with vista and I didn't feel like hassling with sitting through another vista install if it wasn't going to fix this problem.

Oh well... all the games work great now and I just racked up over 13K 3dmark points

Also x64 OS is not supported by all software (example MOH Airborne does not support x64)
So avoid it and buy a x32 OS

If you were debating between the 32-bit and 64-bit flavors of Windows Vista, fortunately it looks like performance is similar with either version. Both AMD and NVIDIA’s drivers for both versions of Vista perform practically identical to one another. And if you were concerned about game compatibility with 64-bit Vista, one of the guidelines Microsoft has required for Games For Windows certification is that games must be compatible with Windows Vista x64. This means if the game has a Games For Windows logo on the box (not all of them have it), it’s been tested to run with 64-bit Windows Vista.

evox
10-05-07, 03:06 PM
But which Vista should i buy? 64bit 32bit? Ultimate or Basic, etc etc
32bit If you have 2GB Ram
64bit if you have 4GB or more Ram
as for the version, Home Premium should be great. Ultimate may seem fascinating but it's basically Home Premium mixed with Vista Business and not worth buying for the average gamer/consumer (you can run Dreamscene on Home Premium too :) ) there are many features you'll never use and it will feel like bloatware.

Also has anyone here played world in conflict in Dx10 mode? and does it work fine. I was told above that If i want Frame shots I should go for Dx10 so one more clarification please.
I only played the demo and works flawlessly. as for frame rates, WiC is VERY Demanding, for smooth frame rates, you'll need a really powerful system. Just FYI, The full retail version is more optimized than the demo :)

Also x64 OS is not supported by all software (example MOH Airborne does not support x64)
MoH-A worked fine with Vista x64 at smooth frame rates.

FearMeAll
10-06-07, 09:41 AM
thanks to this thread I have my second 8800ultra on its way...should be here Monday.
YIPEEE!

Slammin
10-06-07, 10:06 AM
Just install both XP and Vista just to be sure

Vista still has some issues

So avoid it and buy a x32 OS

I play MOHA almost daily with Vista64 and it's perfect.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Xion X2
10-06-07, 10:17 AM
Where do people come up with this stuff?

Some just don't know what the hell they're doing. Vista runs all of my games just fine, including Airborne.

evox
10-06-07, 10:48 AM
Some just don't know what the hell they're doing. Vista runs all of my games just fine, including Airborne.
QFT. it's Mis-informants like these who are ruining the image of Vista. :headexplode:

Abren
10-06-07, 02:12 PM
Thanks for all the useful information guys.
I am getting Vista Home premium and I am hoping that my 8800gtx will allow me to play WIC in Dx10.
If not I anyways have to buy Vista for Hellgate,Gow,CRY_sis hehe.

Cheers people and Njoy.
Support Nvidia ftw

nightmare beta
10-06-07, 02:22 PM
i really don't see what people have to lose by dual-booting.

i've heard that crysis don't compare on xp.

i think even IJ and the IF works fine on vista, and that game has a partially 16bit installer or some **** like that.

i know someone is going to flame my ass for mentioning IJ and the IF, but i don't really give a ****.