PDA

View Full Version : A New DX10 Performance Review

Blacklash
10-04-07, 01:00 PM
PC Perspective just put up a DX10 performance article-

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?type=expert&aid=461&pid=2

It includes the 8800 GTX, 8800 GTS 640Mb and the HD 2900XT. They do single card and SLi/Crossfire.

spajdr
10-04-07, 03:14 PM
Hail to the SLI baby!

Redeemed
10-04-07, 03:23 PM
SLi scaling seems to be just about spot on there. 80% or more fps gain pretty much across the board... it just might be time for me to plug my second GTS back in.

DRen72
10-04-07, 03:46 PM
Looks like a 3 out of 4 hands down win for the GTX!

Redeemed
10-04-07, 03:52 PM

And you expected differently? :lol:

Revs
10-04-07, 04:11 PM
An interesting read but nothing unexpected.

Redeemed
10-04-07, 04:17 PM
An interesting read but nothing unexpected.

Well, I was actually surprised by the SLi performance. Last time I put my second GTS in I got at best a 20% fps jump in ANY game I tried. Seeing practically 80% fps increases across the board is a significant increase from the 20 something it used to be not too long ago.

I remember when I first used SLi it was with my 7600GTs. In some *very rare* circumstances I got over 100% fps increase, but on avearage hovered really close to doubling my framerates over what I got with a single 7600GT.

Then I expected the same from my two 8800s when I bought 'em on launch day... pfft! The second 8800 didn't do squat to improve framerate for the longest time.

Currently my other GTS is being used by another computer. But as soon as the 8800GTs come out I think I'll buy two for my other computer, and put that second GTS back in this one. :D

Nkd
10-04-07, 04:20 PM
dude lost planet excels like nuts with sli in dx9 and dx10, from 50 to 90 in the snow level, thats is just amazing, and i used to here people complain about lost planet being crap console port, so far the only game that will give you better fps in dx10 than dx9, yea i get more frames in dx10 than dx9 on the same settings. this screenshot is in dx9 and was done with 2 gtx's but i have two overclocked ultra's now and i got 90fps in dx10. quad core at 3.6. I think mass gate really has to do something about world in conflict performance, that game excels the least with sli, i think its the developer's fault. just like company of hereoes saw a big bump after patch 1.4 i believe.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2828/lostplanet4xaaxd5.jpg

agentkay
10-04-07, 08:16 PM

Would have been full scale victory if the US release of Call of Juarez wasn't ATI sponsered and the devs had to cripple performance of the GTX (aka Shader AA and removing/disabling Nvidia optimized shaders and shadows).

Treason
10-04-07, 11:23 PM
Would have been full scale victory if the US release of Call of Juarez wasn't ATI sponsered and the devs had to cripple performance of the GTX (aka Shader AA and removing/disabling Nvidia optimized shaders and shadows).

AMD holding back gaming. Just like forcing nVidia's hand with their AGP parts.

agentkay
10-04-07, 11:41 PM
AMD holding back gaming. Just like forcing nVidia's hand with their AGP parts.

What does have it to do with my comment? AGP is dead (IMO) so I don't fully understand what you mean with your comment.

It's one thing to optimize the game for one manufacturer but another to cripple the performance of the other manufacturer as well. I'm not blaming the devs of CoJ either, they are not rich and were offered the money but the article failed to point out the reason why the CoJ benchmarks turned out how they did and I just thought it should have been mentioned. That's all there is to it, nothing more. :)