PDA

View Full Version : Just upgraded

methimpikehoses
10-05-07, 04:06 AM
...my motherboard to a IP35 Pro to prepare for a quad, inside a new P180B case... It was nip and tuck screwing my Tuniq tower back into place (fingers barely fit) and getting my power cables to reach the CPU outlets on the mobo (cables barely long enough).

3 hours of blood, sweat, and tears; then it fired right up and I'm on the internetz no problem. (nana2)

Now if I could just get my Tuniq to run at less than 100%, I'll be happy. But it's late and I'll do it tomorrow. :D

And looking forward to playing with the new mobo this weekend.

Revs
10-05-07, 04:18 AM
Jolly good old chap. :)

Someone should really make an extension thing for them case wires. Or they could just make em longer in the first blood place. I had the same problem with teh Stacker 832, only just long enough. I couldn't route them where I wanted :(. I ended routing them under the mobo to get to the pins, which looks neat, but probably not the best idea as it may be restricting air flow under the mobo.

Happy tweaking with the mobo

grey_1
10-05-07, 04:22 AM
Nice meth. The p180 is that large?

methimpikehoses
10-05-07, 12:17 PM
Nice meth. The p180 is that large?

It's bigger than my old mid-size case... the thing is, the cables wind behind the mobo panel, then have to go over the top of the mobo, through a hole in the panel, and back down to the connector.

I couldn't plug them in at all with the mobo attached... I had to connect those cables before I could even screw the mobo down. :thumbdwn:

DRen72
10-05-07, 02:01 PM
I like my P180b. Very quiet case and well made. It is a little more complicated to build from scratch, but only at first. Now, I find it pretty easy to work with. Lots of room for everything.

grey_1
10-05-07, 03:43 PM
It's bigger than my old mid-size case... the thing is, the cables wind behind the mobo panel, then have to go over the top of the mobo, through a hole in the panel, and back down to the connector.

I couldn't plug them in at all with the mobo attached... I had to connect those cables before I could even screw the mobo down. :thumbdwn:
They look beautiful, but that's a turn off for me right there. Switching PSU to bottom, or top doesn't help? Or can you?

methimpikehoses
10-05-07, 04:56 PM
They look beautiful, but that's a turn off for me right there. Switching PSU to bottom, or top doesn't help? Or can you?

No, I think it needs to be on the bottom. That's what it's best designed for. It has compartments so the PSU and HDDs are separate from the mobo area, for cooling purposes.

Just make sure you have LONG connectors for the CPU cables if you get one.

edit: Forgot to mention that even though I switched my mobo, Vista DID NOT ask me to re-authorize. I thought it was supposed to.

edit2: NVM!!! I didn't look closely enough last night... and I had to reactivate my Vista copy with some party-girl in India.

grey_1
10-06-07, 10:34 AM
No, I think it needs to be on the bottom. That's what it's best designed for. It has compartments so the PSU and HDDs are separate from the mobo area, for cooling purposes.

Just make sure you have LONG connectors for the CPU cables if you get one.

edit: Forgot to mention that even though I switched my mobo, Vista DID NOT ask me to re-authorize. I thought it was supposed to.

edit2: NVM!!! I didn't look closely enough last night... and I had to reactivate my Vista copy with some party-girl in India.
Hahaha!

jcrox
10-06-07, 12:20 PM
LMAO, love those party girls in India

methimpikehoses
10-06-07, 04:50 PM
There was literally a party going on in whatever office she was in... people laughing and playing music in the background, and she was laughing and talking to someone as she validated my Vista copy. I felt like I should have brought some beers to the phone call.

grey_1
10-06-07, 04:53 PM
There was literally a party going on in whatever office she was in... people laughing and playing music in the background, and she was laughing and talking to someone as she validated my Vista copy. I felt like I should have brought some beers to the phone call.
You get her to send you pics? :)

methimpikehoses
10-06-07, 04:58 PM
You get her to send you pics? :)

I would have posted them by now if I had you dirty old man! ;)

methimpikehoses
10-07-07, 02:32 AM
Ooooh, the fan control on these is nice!

Rummy
10-07-07, 02:39 AM
I keep mine on fans on high as well as my tuniq. Nice mobo by the way. I will be getting my quad on Monday and two more gigs of ram on Thursday.

methimpikehoses
10-07-07, 02:42 AM
I keep mine on fans on high as well as my tuniq. Nice mobo by the way. I will be getting my quad on Monday and two more gigs of ram on Thursday.

I'm liking the fanEQ control... had no idea my pc could actually be silent! I'm used to hearing the vacuum sound all the time.

Still can't get it to keep my e6600 stable at 3.6, which was my goal. Guess my chip just wasn't destined for greatness. Only 3.4 goodness. ;)

Rummy
10-07-07, 02:46 AM
Man. it will hold you over till Penryn. I have been thinking about waiting for them, but Crysis comes in November and I want to have a quad before that too truly enjoy it.

Rummy
10-07-07, 02:49 AM
What fan settings do you have on your p180b. Are they on low,med,or high?

methimpikehoses
10-07-07, 02:49 AM
Man. it will hold you over till Penryn. I have been thinking about waiting for them, but Crysis comes in November and I want to have a quad before that too truly enjoy it.

I know, my finger is on the trigger for a quad too, but I think I can hold off. :D

Rummy
10-07-07, 02:50 AM
Just go to PC Club or Frys and pick it up, no trigger involved.

SH0DAN
10-07-07, 02:53 AM
Performance PCs' has extension cables for fans and such,as well as many,many other neat trinkets.