PDA

View Full Version : WOW, new HP30" looks amazing. MUST SEE

KasuCode
10-05-07, 05:45 AM
Aspect Ratio 16:10
Panel Type LCD Active Matrix
Resolutions 2560 x 1600 (native and maximum)
Maximum Vertical Frequency: 60Hz
Maximum Horizontal Frequency: 74KHz
Pixel Pitch 0.251mm
Brightness 400 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 1000:1
Screen Treatment Antiglare
Response Time 6ms (gray to gray)
Colors 16.7 million
Viewing Angles 176 Left/Right, 176 Up/Down
User Controls Power On/Off Button, EzTouch On Screen Display (OSD) Menu,
Touch-Sensitive Control
High-Definition and Advanced Features Extreme HD 1600p up conversion
HQV by Teranex video processing
Universal video inputs
HD picture-in-picture
Full-length premium speaker bar
Signal Inputs/Outputs (1) HDMI
(1) Analog (VGA), 15-pin mini d-sub VGA
(1) Digital (DVI-D), 24-pin DVI-D
(2) Component
(1) Composite
(1) S-Video
Audio Output: Speaker bar, RCA L/R, S/PDIF Coax, and S/PDIF Toslink
Ports 6-port USB hub integrated into the display
AC power input
Kensington lock slot
Electrical Requirements Normal Operation: less than or equal to 168 Watts
Standby Mode: less than or equal to 19 Watts
Off: less than or equal to 19 Watts
100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Operating Conditions Temperature: 32 - 122 C @ 50% humidity
Humidity: 20 - 90%
Viewable Area 30" (diagonal)
Agency Certifications UL, cUL, FCC Class B, CE, PSE, NOM, VCCI
Display Stand Included. Adjustable tilt and swivel.
Mount Compatible with VESA (4x100mm) mounting solutions
Limited Warranty 1 year parts and labor1
Model Number XHD3000
Dimensions (Display) - with stand 27.5" (W) x 22.25" (H) x 9.50" (D)
698mm (W) x 565mm (H) x 241mm (D)
Dimensions (Display) - without stand 27.5" (W) x 18.25" (H) x 3.50" (D)
698mm (W) x 463mm (H) x 89mm (D)
Dimensions (Box) 33.0" (W) x 26.5" (H) x 12.5" (D)
838mm (W) x 673mm (H) x 317mm (D)
Weights 27.2lbs / 12.34kg with stand
30.2lbs / 13.70kg with stand and speaker bar
20.8 lbs / 9.40kg without stand
44.5lbs / 20.2kg box
Pallet Quantity 9 units per pallet (A-Type)
12 units per pallet (B-Type)
Refer to container load detail regarding A/B-Type pallets
Included Accessories Cables
Universal Remote Control
IR Extender

with1600P upsampling of all video sources

Incredible Gateway DXP Audio
Advanced 3D sound with 8 high-performance speakers, remote IR control capability and 2 headphone outputs. Eliminate clutter and use more valuable desk space with an integrated high-performance sound solution.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8123/mntrxhd3000remotefv8.jpg http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9152/mntrxhd3000largeja4.jpg http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/856/speakerbaryd1.jpg http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2557/inputswd2.jpg http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8625/mntrxhd3000sidets6.jpg

Click for lots more info, http://www.gateway.com/programs/widescreen/30_overview.php

Holy ****, Im getting one next month. The only thing that was keeping me from a 30" was its lack of inputs. This dosnt just solve my problem. But did things I didnt think was going to happen any time soon. and at $1699 WOW!!!!!

I mean Upscalling to 1600p, IR support, 8 speaker audio, a collection of inputs. So much more. And its damn sexy.

WeReWoLf
10-05-07, 07:01 AM
That is hot...

LordJuanlo
10-05-07, 07:05 AM
Looks awesome, and the price is awesome too for this size!!

KasuCode
10-05-07, 07:29 AM
Heres some fud too.

Quad HD" LCD display, The XHD3000

Gateway has announced that it is finally entering the 30 inch display battle with the XHD3000. And they did it with a bang, since the LCD is looking good and should perform exceptionally.

The new LCD is aimed at pros as well as gamers. It features 2560x1600 widescreen resolution and uses the Silicon Optix Realta HQV video processor to show incredibly detailed images. The new display can even upscale 1080p HD video to mouth-watering 1600p. Other specifications include a 1000:1 contrast ratio, 400 cd/m2 brightness, fast 6ms refresh rate and an ultra-wide viewing angle of 178 degrees both horizontally and vertically.

The XHD3000 features HDMI, single-link/dual-link DVI-D, VGA, component, s-video and composite interfaces. According to the press release it can use all six video connections simultaneously and it features picture-in-picture window option.

If you wonder about the audio, the new XHD3000 features high-performance DXP powered speakers that uses eight neodymium transducers which should provide clean and high quality sound. It also features a new four-device universal IR remote control that can be used for three additional devices in addition to the XHD3000.

The new Gateway XHD3000 30 inch Extreme HD display should be available shortly at the suggested price of $1,699.99.

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3486&Itemid=1

nekrosoft13
10-05-07, 08:01 AM
haha, HP and Gateway beat Sony FullHD!

KasuCode
10-05-07, 08:13 AM
haha, HP and Gateway beat Sony FullHD!

Naa it is just Gateway I fuged up the title lol. Someone please fix it so it says Gateway and not HP.:o

KasuCode
10-05-07, 08:24 AM
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/10/first-look-revi.html

When we heard awhile back that Gateway was cooking up an "extreme HD" display, we had a skeptical chuckle -- what is this, a Mountain Dew commercial? Then we saw a prototype of the monitor in January during a madcap CES excursion. What they promised seemed unfeasible: a gaming monitor with an upscaling chip capable of over a trillion calculations per second. Yeah that's trillion with a "t." Many moons later, the XHD3000 showed up, and our snickers were replaced with gasps of awe. Console games (even ones on the Wii) look snazzy and PC titles are some of the finest we've seen ... ever. The 30-inch LCD runs at a mind boggling 2560 x 1600 native resolution. Suck it 1920 x 1200! HD video? Some of the finest we've seen. Blu-ray and HD DVDs look so realistic, we took to ducking explosions during our Serenity screening. But building the best gaming monitor ain't cheap. The XHD3000's price made us do a double take. We're all for being ahead of the game, but not if we have to cut back on groceries to get there. — Terrence Russell

WIRED The ultimate choice for high-end performance. Variety of input options: HDMI, component and composite video, S-video, DVI and VGA. Self-powered, six-port USB hub built in. Advanced PIP lets you control window size, location on screen and transparency.

TIRED Outlandish price tag. 6-millisecond response time is slow for such an advanced display. Color washes out in direct sunlight. Single HDMI and component inputs stunt the monitor’s potential.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1222863

PC running multiple apps at 2560 x 1600 … nothing special there until the demo guy turned on the HD PIP window …. They had an HD copy of Planet Earth running into the component input and showed that you could overlay a PIP window (up to full HD) onto the windows desktop. It really got cool when the mouse was moved into the PIP area on screen … the PIP then became auto transparent and you could see right thru the pip and work with the apps below. You could also grab the PIP window and drag it around anywhere on the screen and control the PIP with the keyboard and EzTune. I was told that Gateway's 22 and 24W monitors can do this as well (never knew!!) … Humm, working and playing at the same time sounds good to me!

I cant believe I missed all the news about this monitor thats been released.

grey_1
10-05-07, 02:47 PM
That's a heck of a monitor, can't wait to hear some actual end-user reviews.

superklye
10-05-07, 02:58 PM
That is AWESOME! And I love that it has all those inputs allowing for hookup of a 360/PS3 and an HD DVD/BD player. Hopefully Dell's next 30" offers similar features.

Plus the Silicon Optix HQV chip is incredibly badass. Man...I want one of these.

Eliminator
10-05-07, 03:18 PM
the dell looks nicer but this has better specs... they even lie on the website saying this is the first 2560x1600 monitor... lol

|JuiceZ|
10-05-07, 03:28 PM
Great googly-moogly! :wonder:

XDanger
10-05-07, 04:10 PM
"Future-Proof Technology" ...

KasuCode
10-05-07, 04:17 PM
"Future-Proof Technology" ... Hey that things a beast. They can call it "Eye-Glue Technology" for all I care.

grey_1
10-05-07, 04:52 PM
That is AWESOME! And I love that it has all those inputs allowing for hookup of a 360/PS3 and an HD DVD/BD player. Hopefully Dell's next 30" offers similar features.

Plus the Silicon Optix HQV chip is incredibly badass. Man...I want one of these.
You should review one. :)

XDanger
10-05-07, 05:01 PM
upscaling HD does sound quite good, and the 6ms is great for something that size.

The only thing is if I had one it wouldnt get used as a monitor because she would be watching povitch on it!!??

KasuCode
10-05-07, 05:45 PM
Im planning on getting one at the end of next month. And selling off my current 24" samsung. I dont care for dual monitors.

This thing is perfect for me. I use my current 24" to watch tv on in my room and its annoying to have to get up to turn it off at night so I just leave it on. Being able to plug my fios HDDVR to this to watch tv and having a remote is nice.

The sound inputs and outputs it has are just what I need. I use my pc speakers and have to switch between my xbox or the tv. With this I can plug it all into the monitor and then plug to the line in.

jeffmd
10-05-07, 06:30 PM
I would much rather get a 30-40 inch hdtv. New video cards cant do both next gen games AND higher resolutions. 1650x and 1920x(?) are the sweet spots, you can run older games higher, but not the newer ones. When the next gen comes out (later) the same will happen, youll be playing old games at high resolutions, but the next gen games will be stuck back at 1650xish. And since you allways want to run at native resolutions, getting a monitor with uber resolutions seems counter productive.

Bman212121
10-05-07, 06:31 PM
I would much rather get a 30-40 inch hdtv. New video cards cant do both next gen games AND higher resolutions. 1650x and 1920x(?) are the sweet spots, you can run older games higher, but not the newer ones. When the next gen comes out (later) the same will happen, youll be playing old games at high resolutions, but the next gen games will be stuck back at 1650xish. And since you allways want to run at native resolutions, getting a monitor with uber resolutions seems counter productive.

Says who?

jeffmd
10-05-07, 06:59 PM
says me?

Bman212121
10-05-07, 11:44 PM
says me?

Your rig should be able to play all current games maxed out at 1920 x 1200. My rig doesn't have a problem maxing out most games and using like 4x AA / 16x AF and still keeping good framerates. (A lot of games are 50+ fps)

So if you have the $$$ to buy a 30" monitor, you can probably buy another Ultra and run SLI on them. With dual Ultras there should be enough performance for the upcoming games to still be able to be fully playable, even in DX10.

This article at Pcper done the other day kind of shows the current state of DX10 and SLI. At such a high res it should be very possible to get gains over 50% with a second card. http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=461&type=expert&pid=1

I'm can't say for a fact that you will be able to run the upcoming titles like UT3, COD4 and Cysis even with Dual 8800U SLI, but I fully expect these titles to be even more optmized than the games that just came out. That is why I'm not really worried that you won't have enough graphics power to handle the games.

KasuCode
10-06-07, 12:30 AM
says me?

Demo 3
They had a 360 hooked up to component and was playing an HD-DVD movie – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory … the upconversion to 1600p and video processing looked impressive. Johnny Depp looks pretty freaky at this resolution … the Oompa Loompas are still creeping me out … but the movie did look pretty cool at this res! The blades of grass in the Augustus Gloop scene were very sharp and clear.

Demo 5
They were showing a Cars DVD … at first I thought I was looking at and HD copy of Cars until the demo guy showed me that he was using a cheap-ass DVD player going analog in to the monitor at 480i. The video processing made the image look near-HD. You really had to get close to see any artifacts. Certainly you could easily enjoy all of your SD movies on this puppie.

In otherwords you can still run games in 1440x900 -1680x1050 and with the Silicon Optix HQV chip it will still look amazing.

Edit: Small review from another site.

Most of our judges preferred the Gateway's image over that of the Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP and the Samsung SyncMaster 305T, which we've tested in the past but reacquired to compare the Gateway against. The Gateway's overall text-quality score matched that of the SyncMaster 305T, and its graphics-quality score narrowly edged out the SyncMaster's. Judges particularly lauded the XHD3000's rendering of our real-life office and photo screens. If we had any complaint about the unit, it would be that the brightness was a little overpowering.

The XHD3000's uncluttered design hides a bevy of adjustments. While other 30-inchers let you alter only the brightness, the Gateway offers a full compliment of controls, among them gamma, black level, and saturation. The included EzTune software makes changing the basics simple, but for the more unusual controls, you need to access the elegantly hidden on-screen display. When you press the menu button, menu items appear on screen, and flat, touch-sensitive buttons light up under the glossy black bezel. These blue-lit buttons--which remain invisible until you summon them--change with each of the many menus; only the ones that are needed appear.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,138145-c,lcd/article.html

jeffmd
10-06-07, 06:11 PM
SLI is currently in bad shape, it can't be relied on for the next gen games that actually need it. IMO it needs a complete interface overhaul, it should work JUST as if you had one video card every single time. Theres really no reason why it shouldn't.. amd and nvidia are slacking off HARD.