PDA

View Full Version : which way to point zalman fan?

kingme02
10-06-07, 03:30 AM
this is my cpu hsf:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118223
Which direction should i point the fan at? I currently have it pointed to the front, should it be pointing to the rear? Or should i point it at my 8800 gts?since it get like 76 c under load.

SLippe
10-06-07, 03:39 AM
Point it so that the exhaust air from it goes to the rear of your case. That way the exhaust fan for your case can easily get rid of it. You don't want it pointing to the front! That'll just put more hot air in your case and making your case exhaust fan work harder. Make sense? Your load temp is okay for your GTS. Mine reaches about 74' to 76' C as well.

kingme02
10-06-07, 04:13 AM
hmm, i just put my fan to 80% for the first time and now my 8800 gts under load temp is = 67 c Wooooooo. Ok i will point the hsf to the rear lol.thx

SLippe
10-06-07, 04:18 AM
hmm, i just put my fan to 80% for the first time and now my 8800 gts under load temp is = 67 c Wooooooo. Ok i will point the hsf to the rear lol.thx
No problem. I keep my fan on my GTS at 100% 24/7, but my case doesn't have the best airflow and with the overclocks I have on the GTS, that doesn't help either. ;)

ATOJAR
10-06-07, 06:40 AM
When i had the ZALMAN CNPS9500 i had it positioned so that the Zalman blew the air straight onto my exhaust fan, thats how its ment to be ... this way your exhaust fan can get the warm air straight out of the back of your case! ..... i payed quite abit if money for my ZALMAN CNPS9500 and was very disappointed with its perfromance, with my current overclock i was getting 40c idle ... i tried re-seating the fan\heasink many a time just to make sure it had flush contact with the cpu ..... still the same results every time! ..... i sold it and got a Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme & now my temps are 35c idle with the same overclock! load temp is now around 45c!

I alos have a Thermalright HR-03 Plus GPU cooler with a 92mm vantec thermoflow fan .... another great cooler from Thermalright ..... with my overclocks of 600\1400\900 my card idles at 48c - 50c and under load(atilool artifact scanning for 2 hours)ive never seen the card go above 65c ..... both my CPU & GPU have Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound applied.