PDA

View Full Version : Best 24in LCD Widescreen out?

$n][pErMan
10-06-07, 12:45 PM
Im in the market for a new monitor and would like a 24in widescreen so I can have true 1080. One of my buddies has an LG 22.5in LCD widescreen that has 5000:1 contrast ratio, 0.25 dot pitch and 2ms response. I was curious if any of you know of any 24in LCD's that can match that type of requirement. Thanks for your help. Quality is a must... im absolutely used to a 0.20 dot pitch CRT with very clear colors (the main reason i have held off so long on going to widescreen LCD's).

BrianG
10-06-07, 02:22 PM
You can probably try the monitor I have, the Gateway 24", to see if it fits your needs by running down to a Circuit City and picking one up off the shelves. I bought a few months ago when they were on sale, more than they are right now, by making a Best Buy price match. It has been a great monitor. ti is listed at $559 on the CC website.

With the Circuit City or Best Buy return policies, you can always take it back if not satisfied or if you find a better deal.

While the pure specs aren't where you wnat them, this has been a major improvement in color depth, contrast and resonse time from the Dell 2005FPW it replaced. Specs are only aas good as the tests and methods used to get them. They are not the end all for LCD monitors or TVs.

DRen72
10-08-07, 09:32 AM
BenQ 241wz

nekrosoft13
10-08-07, 10:19 AM
[pErMan']Im in the market for a new monitor and would like a 24in widescreen so I can have true 1080. One of my buddies has an LG 22.5in LCD widescreen that has 5000:1 contrast ratio, 0.25 dot pitch and 2ms response. I was curious if any of you know of any 24in LCD's that can match that type of requirement. Thanks for your help. Quality is a must... im absolutely used to a 0.20 dot pitch CRT with very clear colors (the main reason i have held off so long on going to widescreen LCD's).

don't trust LG on the contrast ratios, few companies use different methods to check the contrast ratio, which results in super high numbers that are not true.

Phyxion
10-08-07, 10:55 AM
don't trust LG on the contrast ratios, few companies use different methods to check the contrast ratio, which results in super high numbers that are not true.
Most of the time it is the max of the panel which really is possible, but not likely to be seen for real.