PDA

View Full Version : Javascript Error in IE

Bearclaw
10-07-07, 11:49 AM
My dads's PC can't access email (Yahoo) anymore because it says that Javascript isn't enabled anymore. Also, when I login to the wireless router, it says it can't display because it uses javascript extensively and since javascript is not enabled in IE it can't be shown.

I have tried everything I can think of from uninstalling java to re-installing and the same with IE. I simply can't get the java to run in IE anymore. This just happened suddenly and I dont know why or how.

Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks!

jcrox
10-07-07, 01:15 PM
did you check settings in IE tools/Internet Options/Advanced? there might be something in there.

Bearclaw
10-07-07, 07:35 PM
Ya, I checked it all and went over it again. Possible virus?

evilghost
10-07-07, 07:39 PM
Sounds like Active Scripting is disabled, make sure it's enabled in the advanced IE options, or, use a normal browser like Firefox instead of included monopolistic shovelware. :)

Bearclaw
10-07-07, 09:30 PM
Sounds like Active Scripting is disabled, make sure it's enabled in the advanced IE options, or, use a normal browser like Firefox instead of included monopolistic shovelware. :)
I am almost positive I tried that but I will look again. Thanks for the help Evilghost.

And lol at your comment, I knew I would get something like that from you. :)

Thanks again, I'll let you know what happens.

evilghost
10-07-07, 09:46 PM
Oh yeah, Java isn't the same as JavaScript, installing/uninstalling Java wouldn't affect this.

This is the option you're looking for in IE6:

http://www.auburn.edu/oit/security_center/browsers/images/active_scripting.gif

It's under Security settings in the Internet Zone.

Bearclaw
10-08-07, 12:11 AM
Ya, it's not that. I don't know what is going on but now the homepage is acting up. I'm thinking he has some sort of virus/spyware, etc. I have run multiple scans and still have found nothing though.