PDA

View Full Version : Vista Performance Score Hack 5.9 for free

Fats_43
10-08-07, 03:26 PM
Found something cool if you already know your true score (Mine is 5.7) and wanna trick your friends etc into thinking your system is hella fast do this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Time to create an extra XML file. You need to Update your score, to do so use the steps outlined here. Once it has completed you are ready to start the process:

To access the XML file, follow these steps:

Open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the Windows directory.
Open the Performance directory, followed by the WinSAT directory.
Open the DataStore folder.
You will see two or more XML files, we want to work with the most recent one (the one you just created).
Right-click the file and select Properties.
Click the Security tab.
Click the Edit button.
When the UAC prompt appears, click Continue.
Click the Add button.
Input your username and click OK.
Select the username and then click the Full Control checkbox in the Allow column.
Click OK.
When the Security prompt appears, click Yes.
We can now modify the file. Right-click the XML file, click Open With and select WordPad.
Look for the information within the WinSPR tags.
Modify the scores. Remember, your base score will be the lowest value of the 5 subscores. Make it realistic, nobody is going to be fooled with a massive increase in your score.
Save the file.
-----------------------------------------------

Enjoy!

Eliminator
10-09-07, 12:07 AM
cheating this is only cheating yourself... doesnt mean anything anyway...

Bearclaw
10-09-07, 01:00 AM
This is stupid.

crainger
10-09-07, 04:01 AM
ZOMG Mine is 5.9 and I hacked to 5.9. Its works I got 5.9 for free. ZOMG fap fap fap fap.

Dragunov
10-09-07, 08:00 AM
Well, maybe u can show ur friends u have 5.9, but when trying to play the latest games, with resolutions totally crancked up, as the settings, they immediately gonna see, the system is not 5.9

So I just let the numbers speak for them in my rig :)

ginfest
10-09-07, 08:02 AM
This is stupid.

+1 :thumbdwn:

DRen72
10-09-07, 09:14 AM
+1 :thumbdwn:+2 :thumbdwn:

Fats_43
10-09-07, 09:26 AM
This is stupid.

Apparently not stupid enough to warrant a response from you though.

It is what it is, it's to lie to your friends no other reason for it really.

It's not that big of a deal except that it's so easy to edit really.

Show's what a joke the MS rating system really is IMO. Who knows maybe games will rely on the rating system more in the furture. But for now the MS rating system is a joke anyway.

ViN86
10-09-07, 11:16 AM
i find it funny. it's like hacking 3dMark06, but not as enjoyable, and infinitely more pointless! :D

HiCZoK4
10-09-07, 12:36 PM
why to do this .... I have 5.3 score but its only becouse of my cpu .

ralinn
10-09-07, 12:43 PM
Apparently not stupid enough to warrant a response from you though.

It is what it is, it's to lie to your friends no other reason for it really.

It's not that big of a deal except that it's so easy to edit really.

Show's what a joke the MS rating system really is IMO. Who knows maybe games will rely on the rating system more in the furture. But for now the MS rating system is a joke anyway.

I think you've missed the whole point of the scoring system. Isn't it just for people who want to know how powerful their PC is and if it can handle a game they've bought? Cheating something like that is pointless. It wasn't created for kids to compare e-penis's with their friends.

Fats_43
10-09-07, 01:16 PM
I think you've missed the whole point of the scoring system. Isn't it just for people who want to know how powerful their PC is and if it can handle a game they've bought? Cheating something like that is pointless. It wasn't created for kids to compare e-penis's with their friends.

I understand the point of this feature fully.

I just found a hack someone had figured out how to edit it.

This, you’re correct, is pointless that's why I say if you want to brag etc make sure you get your true score so you know where you stand.

Personally I've no need for it as I know what my system does and it doesn't matter to me. I just found it and thought it was very easy to edit it seems, making me question MS integration path of this feature.
Also take others scores with a grain of salt so to speak as now you know how easy it is to fudge it.

Dragunov
10-09-07, 02:01 PM

Yeah, cause if my CPU was better, then my lowest is 5.7 HDD

zoomy942
10-09-07, 02:45 PM
this isnt pointless if you need a certain score to run Aero

Fats_43
10-09-07, 05:01 PM
Yeah, cause if my CPU was better, then my lowest is 5.7 HDD

hmmm Why not OC it? my e6300 gets 5.7score @ 3ghz

And those Seagate harddrives are not that good :( I bought 2 of them the AKK fireware ones and they only can score 5.6-5.7 if you have AKK version.

Might have to search for something faster in the HD department :(

Dragunov
10-09-07, 05:41 PM
Well, I think I gonna do one last update to the CPU in the future, so maybe I gonna install a Yorkfield if supported, if not ... a Kentsfield FSB 1333Mhz

I hope one day those Raptors will have more capacity, but this one seems OK aswell: http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=311

Zapablast05
10-11-07, 09:53 PM

Well, I get a 5.0 because my CPU and my HDD gets a 5.2. I edited the CPU to 5.3 and the HDD to 5.5, that seems more realistic.

Luieburger
10-17-07, 12:06 AM
mine is already 5.9 anyway :( Cheaters...

I'll just have to bump em all up to 9.9 :D

slats
10-17-07, 12:19 AM
this makes my eyes squint and go wtf............this is gay

Found something cool if you already know your true score (Mine is 5.7) and wanna trick your friends etc into thinking your system is hella fast do this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Time to create an extra XML file. You need to Update your score, to do so use the steps outlined here. Once it has completed you are ready to start the process:

To access the XML file, follow these steps:

Open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the Windows directory.
Open the Performance directory, followed by the WinSAT directory.
Open the DataStore folder.
You will see two or more XML files, we want to work with the most recent one (the one you just created).
Right-click the file and select Properties.
Click the Security tab.
Click the Edit button.
When the UAC prompt appears, click Continue.
Click the Add button.
Input your username and click OK.
Select the username and then click the Full Control checkbox in the Allow column.
Click OK.
When the Security prompt appears, click Yes.
We can now modify the file. Right-click the XML file, click Open With and select WordPad.
Look for the information within the WinSPR tags.
Modify the scores. Remember, your base score will be the lowest value of the 5 subscores. Make it realistic, nobody is going to be fooled with a massive increase in your score.
Save the file.
-----------------------------------------------

Enjoy!