nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   BlackSite: Area 51 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100036)

AngelGraves13 10-09-07 01:09 PM

BlackSite: Area 51

Is anyone looking forward to this Area 51 based shooter? I've been watching some previews and it really looks awesome. There's some videos on IGN showing the squad-based combat of the game, and also the different environments and weather within the game. I love the Roswell aliens in the white patient clothes lying on the streets.

The writer for the game is the Gears of War writer...and did I mention this game uses the Unreal 3 engine? I must have forgot that part.

Anyways, if you guys know anything more about this game or just have comments about it...post away.

I really hope to see this on STEAM!

3DBrad 10-09-07 01:21 PM

Re: BlackSite: Area 51

As long as it's not a slideshow like the 360 demo was.

AngelGraves13 10-09-07 01:23 PM

I think anyone who can run BioShock decent will be able to do the same here.

Also, a new demo will be out soon for the 360 and PC. I guess the first one was sort of a beta to test out what they needed to optimize or change.

Jonelo 10-09-07 01:39 PM

1 - very interesting and long interview with Harvey Smith

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...ew_.php?page=1

2- the storyline sound interesting and subversive

2 - the demo of the 360 work at 10 fps in some points

3- nice use of the U3 in realistic scenes in the demo

4 - the gameplay in the demo is a typical FPS gameplay

nekrosoft13 10-09-07 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 to Life
Also, a new demo will be out soon for the 360 and PC. I guess the first one was sort of a beta to test out what they needed to optimize or change.

with all the 360s being the same, they could have done that in their office.

3DBrad 10-09-07 02:03 PM

Yeah, the same reason I think the "Xbox360-only" COD4 demo was completely retarded.

DRen72 10-09-07 02:29 PM

I'm skeptical, but I think its because I "tried" playing Area 51 a while ago. Remember that one? Poor textures and all. I never finished it.

AngelGraves13 10-09-07 02:43 PM

That arcade game? That was a decade ago. It was kinda like DOOM.

Jonelo 10-09-07 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRen72
I'm skeptical, but I think its because I "tried" playing Area 51 a while ago. Remember that one? Poor textures and all. I never finished it.

Blacksite look very nice in the 360 ;) , and sure look better in PC - the demo of 360 has low resolution shadows like many games in console with shadows maps and not has AF ;) . And the game designer is Harvey Smith, designer of Deus ex and Deus ex IW .

Mangler 10-09-07 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonelo
Blacksite look very nice in the 360 ;) , and sure look better in PC - the demo of 360 has low resolution shadows like many games in console with shadows maps and not has AF ;) . And the game designer is Harvey Smith, designer of Deus ex and Deus ex IW .

Ah, Harvey Smith, the man behind the worst mainstreamification ever, dx:Iw

I wonder if this game will have universal ammo too.

Jonelo 10-09-07 03:22 PM

I prefer the mainstreanficacion of Deus ex IW that most of mainstreams games that are repeated by interminable series.
At least, he design also the original Deus ex .

And Deus ex- IW is very far from the FPS of its time in the important thing, the moral decisions making and different alternatives to choose. That does not even exist in the FPS nowadays .

It is the only one game that looks alike in the essential thing to Deus ex , though nowadays it is difficult that another equal game . Some few people would buy nowadays Deus ex . It is too much complicated to be commercial;)

SeriTonin 10-09-07 03:58 PM

I liked the 360 demo, didn't care for the low res textures ...but the demo was fun, short as it was.

I've had my eye on this game for quite a while now. I will get the PC version as soon as it's released.