nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   New to Crysis Beta. Graphics corruption?????????????? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100666)

holdenb 10-19-07 07:32 PM

New to Crysis Beta. Graphics corruption??????????????

Hi all

just bit the bullet & joined fileplanet again as sick of queuing for files

downloaded the Crysis beta & OMFG so much graphics corruption. Textures flashing....objects disappearing

I was running the latest official forceware the .71
but i have now installed the .76 beta driver

It is a bit better now but still occasional glitches.

Is this old news??
Anyone know what my problem is or any advice?

Thanks

wrathofgod 10-19-07 07:37 PM

Re: New to Crysis Beta. Graphics corruption??????????????

It's just loading the shaders. It will go away in a few minutes. It will happen the first time you load up Crysis and each time you make a graphics change.

nutcrackr 10-19-07 07:39 PM

describe your corruption, there is some known issues but it shouldn't be much.

jAkUp 10-19-07 07:49 PM

Make sure AA is set to application controlled.

SeriTonin 10-19-07 07:56 PM

I had the same problem at first, I had to switch drivers....71's to the .76's fixed it for me.

holdenb 10-19-07 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriTonin
I had the same problem at first, I had to switch drivers....71's to the .76's fixed it for me.

I've got the .76's.....it has improved the problem but not solved completely.

As requested: the problem is hard to describe exactly but every now & again large objects are replaced by either a black gap....or a brightly coloured luminous uniform texture. This usually just flickers for a second then resolves.

agentkay 10-19-07 08:33 PM

I'm using the .76 drivers and don't have such problems. Make sure AA, AF, V-sync (in the driver) are set to application-controlled. Once the shaders are compiled and cached (takes a minute or two) the flickering textures/corruption should be gone.

If it doesn't go away, you have most likely a memory leak in the shaders. Please file a bug in the bugtracker at the beta forums.

You can also try to disable the shader compiler by changing this line in the system.cfg

r_ShadersAsyncCompiling = 1

to

r_ShadersAsyncCompiling = 0

But remember the compiler is activated by default to find and report bugs/shader memory leaks in the first place. :)

holdenb 10-19-07 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentkay
I'm using the .76 drivers and don't have such problems. Make sure AA, AF, V-sync (in the driver) are set to application-controlled. Once the shaders are compiled and cached (takes a minute or two) the flickering textures/corruption should be gone.

If it doesn't go away, you have most likely a memory leak in the shaders. Please file a bug in the bugtracker at the beta forums.

You can also try to disable the shader compiler by changing this line in the system.cfg

r_ShadersAsyncCompiling = 1

to

r_ShadersAsyncCompiling = 0

But remember the compiler is activated by default to find and report bugs/shader memory leaks in the first place. :)

thanks for that......I know this is a beta so isn't going to be perfect. I just wanted to check that it wasn't my system which was playing up!!