nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Witcher Feedback Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100983)

msxyz 10-25-07 12:14 PM

The Witcher Feedback Thread

I've been able to snatch it one day in advance.

I've been through the tutorial part and I must say I'm impressed by the graphics. My PC is barely above minimum specs but it runs this game fine at 1024x768 and 2x AA. I had to turn down AF a little and disable depth of field which seems a taxing effect.

Graphics looks nice enough to me, nothing ground braking but with high res textures and decent models. During the tutorial there are a lot of cutway scenes. It seems that the backgrounds are real time rendered but the actors are not, sort of FMV sprites. It must be seen to understand what I mean.

One last thing before I plunge back into this game, it' s really memory hungry! I've a heavily customized win XP installation (thanks, nLite!!!) which takes less than 80MB at startup. During the game sessions, memory usage soars up to 1.4GB! It also takes ages to load the areas

Back to the game, guys. I'll post you my updated impressions tomorrow

conroejoe 10-25-07 12:38 PM

Re: The Witcher feedback

(lee63) Ahoy!

msxyz 10-25-07 12:45 PM

100% legit copy :)

European release date is tomorrow. Many shops start selling the games earlier to the customers who payed in advance or reserve their copy of a game.

methimpikehoses 10-25-07 12:49 PM

More on gameplay and some screens when you get a chance pls!

gulizard 10-25-07 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msxyz
I've been able to snatch it one day in advance.

I've been through the tutorial part and I must say I'm impressed by the graphics. My PC is barely above minimum specs but it runs this game fine at 1024x768 and 2x AA. I had to turn down AF a little and disable depth of field which seems a taxing effect.

Graphics looks nice enough to me, nothing ground braking but with high res textures and decent models. During the tutorial there are a lot of cutway scenes. It seems that the backgrounds are real time rendered but the actors are not, sort of FMV sprites. It must be seen to understand what I mean.

One last thing before I plunge back into this game, it' s really memory hungry! I've a heavily customized win XP installation (thanks, nLite!!!) which takes less than 80MB at startup. During the game sessions, memory usage soars up to 1.4GB! It also takes ages to load the areas

Back to the game, guys. I'll post you my updated impressions tomorrow

Its actually out or at least some of the pirate groups have leaked it out... I heard the europe version has uncensored breast for you pervs... and the America version got shorted with cards that block them?

Mr. Hunt 10-25-07 01:51 PM

Should be getting my import Wednesday or Thursday.

LORD-eX-Bu 10-25-07 01:52 PM

Don't even try to run this under Vista, has pretty major issues and constantly crashes from what I hear :lol:

methimpikehoses 10-25-07 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu
Don't even try to run this under Vista, has pretty major issues and constantly crashes from what I hear :lol:

ugh, from who?

nekrosoft13 10-25-07 02:04 PM

i got one day shipping from GoGamer, and it supposed to ship on the 29th.

msxyz 10-25-07 02:16 PM

I have the European uncensored version. It has the PEGI 18+ rating on the box.

Yes, there are even sex scenes in it, one pretty early in the game. Nothing hardcore, scene is blurred and fades out, something you would expect from a normal movie. Oh, I forgot: boobs physics are in as well ;)

Screenshots will follow

Dragunov 10-25-07 02:31 PM

Well, what about graphics and gameplay, better than Oblivion or on par with it?

crainger 10-25-07 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu

I know a bunch of guys running Vista who have the game and they said it's running extremely well.