nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis and UT3 64-Bit games right out of the box? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101027)

Digital_Trans 10-26-07 02:26 AM

Crysis and UT3 64-Bit games right out of the box?

I heard that Crysis and UT3 are both 64-bit games right out of the box. Is there any truth to this?

XxDeadlyxX 10-26-07 02:29 AM

Re: Crysis and UT3 64-Bit games right out of the box?

It has been confirmed Crysis has a 64-bit exe in the demo :)

64-bit FTW!

Here's hoping using 64-bit version results in 5fps increase or something :)

mojoman0 10-26-07 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxDeadlyxX

64-bit FTW!

hah yea seriously...wtf are the advantages of 64 bit anyways...these cpus have been around for ages now and the newest windows doesnt even require them...

conroejoe 10-26-07 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxDeadlyxX

64-bit FTW!

ROTFLMAO 5 FPS!! haha the game runs at 9 FPS don't expect 5 extra FPS. I would gather 64-bit would run .2 FPS faster and you should be happy with that - or NO CRYSIS FOR YOU!

conroejoe 10-26-07 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojoman0
hah yea seriously...wtf are the advantages of 64 bit anyways...these cpus have been around for ages now and the newest windows doesnt even require them...

Smoke and mirrors man, just like Vista and DX10.

XxDeadlyxX 10-26-07 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conroejoe
ROTFLMAO 5 FPS!! haha the game runs at 9 FPS don't expect 5 extra FPS. I would gather 64-bit would run .2 FPS faster and you should be happy with that - or NO CRYSIS FOR YOU!

lol its like I was asking for the world or something :o

Besides you don't know the game runs at "9 fps"... the editor doesn't count.

But yeh god knows, but its always good to hope.

Monolyth 10-26-07 09:42 AM

At the very least it will increase the available memory space of the app. If anyone remembers Supreme Commander & CoH had big issues running in the 32-bit memory space and MS released a patch to hopefully fix it, but it didn't necessarily work all the time.

CaptNKILL 10-26-07 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojoman0

I highly recommend reading this article:
http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2007/10...just_the_ram/1

"Technically" programs that are fully 64bit could run significantly faster. They just have to be programmed to do so.

If we're just talking about one .exe file being 64bit, then its not likely that it'll do much.

jolle 10-26-07 11:51 AM

Its mainly about addressing more memory, but I think there are more registers in the CPU that could result in a speed increase in some type of tasks.

Digital_Trans 10-26-07 03:28 PM

I remember when I had played FarCry in 64-Bit mode and it looked better then 32-Bit visually. It ran smoother and looked some what better then 32-Bit.
So on a graphics visual rating, how would you rate the quality? I remember playing Half Life 2 the Lost Island or something in 64-bit and it kicked ass visually over 32-Bit.

CaptNKILL 10-26-07 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
I remember when I had played FarCry in 64-Bit mode and it looked better then 32-Bit visually. It ran smoother and looked some what better then 32-Bit.
So on a graphics visual rating, how would you rate the quality? I remember playing Half Life 2 the Lost Island or something in 64-bit and it kicked ass visually over 32-Bit.

64bit shouldn't directly have any effect on the visuals. If it does its because the developers tacked on extra features for the 64bit version, not because 64bit looks better.

K007 10-26-07 09:39 PM

Question is..has anyone got Crysis on 64bit to run without..freezing...