nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis Demo Performance Analysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101133)

AthlonXP1800 10-27-07 07:59 PM

Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
TweakTown has Crysis Demo Performance Analysis article, it got Geforce 8800GT in benchmarks, it on par with Geforce 8800GTX at all resolutions.

Test setup:

Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Cooling: Corsair Nautilus500 (Supplied by Corsair) with Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound (Supplied by Arctic Cooling)
Motherboard(s): ASUS Blitz Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA-2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Catalyst 7.10 and Forceware 169.01

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/12...tup/index.html

SeriTonin 10-27-07 08:38 PM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
Thanks for the link.

Preparat 10-28-07 12:22 AM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
That 8800GT is overclocked btw

AthlonXP1800 10-28-07 12:51 AM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Preparat
That 8800GT is overclocked btw

No MSI 8800GT 512MB is not overclocked, it used reference 600MHz core, 1800MHz memory and 1500MHz shader clock speed but others were overclocked.

MSI 8800GT 512MB 600/1800/1500
XFX 8800GTS XXX 320MB 580/1800/1500
BFG Tech 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626/2000/1450
XFX 8800 Ultra XXX 768MB 675/2300/1667

Uberpwnage 10-28-07 01:36 AM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
If the GTX was overclocked, then the GT would basically be the same as a stock GTX.

Preparat 10-28-07 03:37 AM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800
No MSI 8800GT 512MB is not overclocked, it used reference 600MHz core, 1800MHz memory and 1500MHz shader clock speed but others were overclocked.

MSI 8800GT 512MB 600/1800/1500
XFX 8800GTS XXX 320MB 580/1800/1500
BFG Tech 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626/2000/1450
XFX 8800 Ultra XXX 768MB 675/2300/1667

where does it say that?

Their MSI 8800GT review says the card is factory overclocked

am i missing something?

EDIT: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/121...ard/index.html

AthlonXP1800 10-28-07 08:12 AM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Preparat
where does it say that?

Their MSI 8800GT review says the card is factory overclocked

am i missing something?

EDIT: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/121...ard/index.html

No they overclocked it to 670MHz core and 1900MHz memory for the review, when they received the card on Monday it was factory clocked 600MHz core and 1800MHz memory.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/8399/index.html

Wish the author made it very clear about all cards clock speed used in the review.

Preparat 10-28-07 10:28 AM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800
No they overclocked it to 670MHz core and 1900MHz memory for the review, when they received the card on Monday it was factory clocked 600MHz core and 1800MHz memory.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/8399/index.html

Wish the author made it very clear about all cards clock speed used in the review.

Did you read the review at all or just stared at the graphs?
This is what their own review of the card Published on 27th October 2007 says:

Quote:

The top of the card has the NVIDIA GeForce logo along with the PureVideo HD logo. Across the top we can also see a sticker that shows us that this particular model is overclocked.
Quote:

There are two models coming out, the 512MB one we have here today and a 256MB model, both of which carry GDDR3 memory. The standard clocks come in at 600MHz on the GPU and 1800MHz DDR on the GDDR3. MSI have decided to mix it up a bit; the core gets a 10% increase to 660MHz while the memory gets bumped to 1900MHz DDR.
And they managed to oc it to 680/2010Mhz:
Quote:

With that said though, the card is already overclocked so we didn’t expect too much more. We managed to hit 680MHz on the core which is 80MHz from default but only 20MHz up from the MSI pre overclock. The memory also managed to jump just over 100MHz DDR to 2010MHz DDR. We did a quick 3DMark06 run at default which resulted in only another 350 marks.

AthlonXP1800 10-28-07 06:56 PM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
The TweakTown MSI 8800GT review took forever to load and still not displayed. The last time I read the review, I did not find 680MHz you mentioned in the review, the pages loaded with Java errors not displayed.

Well we have to wait and see tomorrow when MSI put the product on their website to find out exactly what core and memory clock speed the card will shipping in.

I suspect that the author probably installed MSI driver or software that automatically overclocked the card but however every sources I find confirmed that MSI 8800GT's factory reference clock speed 600MHz core and 1800MHz memory.

* 600MHz core clock
* 900Mhz memory clock (1.8GHz effective)
* 112 stream processors
* 1.5GHz shader clock
* 256-bit memory interface

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=162967
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/8399/index.html

Preparat 10-28-07 08:11 PM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800
The TweakTown MSI 8800GT review took forever to load and still not displayed. The last time I read the review, I did not find 680MHz you mentioned in the review, the pages loaded with Java errors not displayed.

Well we have to wait and see tomorrow when MSI put the product on their website to find out exactly what core and memory clock speed the card will shipping in.

I suspect that the author probably installed MSI driver or software that automatically overclocked the card but however every sources I find confirmed that MSI 8800GT's factory reference clock speed 600MHz core and 1800MHz memory.

* 600MHz core clock
* 900Mhz memory clock (1.8GHz effective)
* 112 stream processors
* 1.5GHz shader clock
* 256-bit memory interface

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=162967
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/8399/index.html


dude seriously
The card WAS overclocked when testing Crysis

Its an OC edition

The quotes in my above post are from the damn tweaktown review that was published AFTER the tweaktown news article you keep posting links to.
The MSI card is also overclocked in the vr-zone review that YOU posted a link to.
Are you slow or something?

AthlonXP1800 10-29-07 12:41 AM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Preparat
Are you slow or something?

I thought Tweaktown site was very slow but when I visited VR-Zone site and it was still same very slow with missing texts and pictures, I realised it was my cable modem problem. Accorded to the cable modem's status, the downstreaming power level was very low at -4dB, I will call in later today ask to send a engineer to retune my cable modem to the correct level.

Mr_LoL 10-29-07 12:59 AM

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800
I thought Tweaktown site was very slow but when I visited VR-Zone site and it was still same very slow with missing texts and pictures, I realised it was my cable modem problem. Accorded to the cable modem's status, the downstreaming power level was very low at -4dB, I will call in later today ask to send a engineer to retune my cable modem to the correct level.

(omg) :o


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.