nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   RAM usage after Crysis closed (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101287)

methimpikehoses 10-30-07 02:58 AM

RAM usage after Crysis closed

After running Crysis, my RAM usage seems to stay in the 40% range, until I restart my PC. It's usually idles at around 28%. Anyone else getting this? I notice no extra app running in Task Manager.

Ambrose 10-30-07 03:03 AM

Re: RAM usage after Crysis closed

I had a similar problem with video ram usage. I set my settings way high to take a screen shot. Afterward, I reverted back to my usual settings and I seemed to be getting a good deal less fps than I had been before. A restart fixed this.

FastRedPonyCar 10-30-07 08:15 AM

I noticed that the first time I closed out of crysis, my computer was a dog for like 5 minutes. I said screw it and just got up and walked away, came back a little later and it was fine.

Maybe it just takes a long time to let go of everything it uses or something.

methimpikehoses 10-30-07 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
I noticed that the first time I closed out of crysis, my computer was a dog for like 5 minutes. I said screw it and just got up and walked away, came back a little later and it was fine.

Maybe it just takes a long time to let go of everything it uses or something.

LOL Crysis comes with a lot of baggage! :(

SH64 10-30-07 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrose
I had a similar problem with video ram usage. I set my settings way high to take a screen shot. Afterward, I reverted back to my usual settings and I seemed to be getting a good deal less fps than I had been before. A restart fixed this.

Similar issue here.
i have certain savegame points to test the framerate difference at different settings & when i loaded the game(s) i was getting different readings :wtf:

methimpikehoses 10-30-07 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64
Similar issue here.
i have certain savegame points to test the framerate difference at different settings & when i loaded the game(s) i was getting different readings :wtf:

Me three. The memory numbers are all over the place...

methimpikehoses 10-30-07 11:13 PM

Meh, I was gone all day and it's still at 39%.

Rummy 10-30-07 11:19 PM

Mines at 35%. How is your ram usage during the game?

Just played abit. Mem usage goes to 60% about 1.74 gigs. After exiting ram usage goes to 34%. Still not seeing a lot of quad usage. 4th core being used the other 3 cores just sitting there.