nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Someone tell me whats wrong here? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101427)

Nanosuitguy 11-01-07 12:16 AM

Someone tell me whats wrong here?

awesomeness: http://aycu34.webshots.com/image/332...6118290_rs.jpg

VS mine:
http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/338...2841893_rs.jpg

I just cant get it look like this, its like i had a damned sepia tone over everything, the sand is yellow, not white as in the other picture and the lights are alot worse and the lights too :( What am i doing wrong?

Settings where Very high, 2xAA in dx10 - vista...

Destroy 11-01-07 12:31 AM

Re: Someone tell me whats wrong here?

LOL, both those pics look great in their own way.

The top pick must have some settings on Medium for sure.

Yet the coastal rock wall on the bottom pic doesn't seem right (its so flat and straight) either for all Very High. Seems like the geometry is scaled down i.e. lower poly count.

Nanosuitguy 11-01-07 01:47 AM

No offence sir but I dont know what the hell youre talking about, i dont really care about the geometry or if its flat or not, ITS THE COLORS and the light... In mine it looks so brown and sepia and colorless compared to the top one, my sand there is brown/yellowish and not white and nice compared. Does it have anything to do with my monitor? witch is an old CRT? And on the top one the photo is taken on a guy playing on a Sony HDReay flatscreen, Plasma or LDC, TFT?

-=DVS=- 11-01-07 01:48 AM

Two different game versions perhaps ?

jeffmd 11-01-07 02:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol nano... thats what happens when a person sucks ass at taking pictures.

White balance and correction for overexposure later...

LORD-eX-Bu 11-01-07 02:12 AM

try cranking the digital vibrance.

LinuxManMike 11-01-07 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
ITS THE COLORS and the light... In mine it looks so brown and sepia and colorless compared to the top one, my sand there is brown/yellowish and not white and nice compared. Does it have anything to do with my monitor? witch is an old CRT?

I think you hit the nail on the head. The screen shot you posted looks great on my monitor. And as jeffmd pointed out, the top picture is a photo of a monitor displaying the image. Get a new monitor quick, preferably LCD. Even without tweaks to the monitor's color balance you will notice the difference immediately. And you don't need an expensive one, my 1440x900 19in widescreen 5ms DVI only cost about $180 (probably costs $150 or less by now). If you can't afford a monitor then try adjusting your monitor's color settings. If that doesn't work you can try doing the color correction in your graphics card, but you can only do so much if the monitor isn't capable of what you want.

Nanosuitguy 11-01-07 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinuxManMikeC
I think you hit the nail on the head. The screen shot you posted looks great on my monitor. And as jeffmd pointed out, the top picture is a photo of a monitor displaying the image. Get a new monitor quick, preferably LCD. Even without tweaks to the monitor's color balance you will notice the difference immediately. And you don't need an expensive one, my 1440x900 19in widescreen 5ms DVI only cost about $180 (probably costs $150 or less by now). If you can't afford a monitor then try adjusting your monitor's color settings. If that doesn't work you can try doing the color correction in your graphics card, but you can only do so much if the monitor isn't capable of what you want.

Thanks for the tips, i will try that :D And eventually get a new monitor ^^

Right now am so damn pissed cuz i cant play crysis in very high without lag on my new bought 8800gtx, and my cpu doesn't suck too!

nutcrackr 11-01-07 03:06 AM

that tone is due to shaders being high. I don't like it either, some parts it looks ok, but sand and greens = washed out imo.

r_HDRRendering=0

colors are BACK :nana:

[EOCF] Tim 11-01-07 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcrackr
that tone is due to shaders being high. I don't like it either, some parts it looks ok, but sand and greens = washed out imo.

r_HDRRendering=0

colors are BACK :nana:

Yep, hit the nail on the head, some of you need to read some more into Crysis.

parecon 11-01-07 04:42 AM

This reminds of the Farcry image options. The cold, paradise, etc... options you could pick. It seems the first picture is running the paradise color option while the bottom pick is using the cold option. I wonder if Crysis has those Farcry options built in.

svetli_pp 11-01-07 06:01 AM

I like your picture much more. It's soooo real.