nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis questions for those that play Demo (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101580)

ChiBChombo 11-02-07 10:13 PM

Crysis questions for those that play Demo

I was wondering, right now I'm downloading the demo but it takes me 5-6 hours to. So I'm wondering... Will my comp (sig) be able to run Crysis maybe at Very High Quality? Windows XP, no Vista. I know my video card is good, but I also know my Processor is old, and so are most of the other parts.

Thank you

agentkay 11-02-07 10:15 PM

Re: Crysis questions for those that play Demo

Whats your native resolution? It plays fine here in DX9 at 1920x1080 and with a modified cfg (with almost all "very high/DX10" settings enabled) and since the game isn't that heavy on the CPU side, yours shouldn't be a bottleneck.

ChiBChombo 11-02-07 10:20 PM

Oh forgot to mention that, I play at 1920 x 1200

LORD-eX-Bu 11-02-07 10:22 PM

yes you will be able to run it under Vista or XP with Very High Settings(XP will require some tweaks) and yes it will run like crap :D

by the way, we do have a sub forum dedicated to all things Crysis in order to keep the rest of the gaming area neat and tidy.

agentkay 11-02-07 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiBChombo
Oh forgot to mention that, I play at 1920 x 1200

25-35fps is my prediction. Yes it sounds low but actually it feels a lot smoother than other FPS at such framerates, no mouse lag either.

ChiBChombo 11-02-07 10:53 PM

Well now for some questions...

I've been waiting long time for the 45 NM processors, because I'm pretty sure I'm upgrading from mine to a intel 45nm. Yea I know I'll need a new mobo, memory, etc.

Hopefully I'll be able to play Crysis on decent FPS with high Quality for a while, I wont be getting the new intel until probably January when the cheaper ones come out.

By then of course my vid card wont be one of the bests, but Im pretty sure a 8800 Ultra + 45nm Intel + good mobo + good memory can run Crysis at full with 30-40+ FPS, right?

JasonPC 11-02-07 11:05 PM

Honestly it appears to me that the game is almost totally limited by the graphics card. It doesn't seem to make my E6600 sweat but it even makes an 8800 ultra cry.

agentkay 11-02-07 11:09 PM

The problem with Crysis is that resolutions of 1920x1200 and higher are in the SLI "territory" with this game. The game is very heavy on the fillrate side, so you probably won't get around to do some sacrifizes. This is just my prediction, but I know others play at this resolution with single GTX/Ultras and they should know better than me.

Remember the game was announced for a long time to be heavy on current-gen computers on the highest settings no matter if they run modded in DX9 or even more, natively in DX10.

I think your target fps would be easier to archieve with a 2nd Ultra but again thats just a guess of mine. When you have the demo and have adjusted your settings, run some tests on your CPU usage and as long the CPU cores aren't maxed out, a CPU upgrade won't make much difference in the demo.

jAkUp 11-02-07 11:15 PM

That will run good in XP