nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Here's something I noticed in Crysis (Demo) (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101620)

Loreman 11-03-07 09:30 AM

Here's something I noticed in Crysis (Demo)

When you have the fists out with maximum strength enabled, try hitting your melee key instead of just pushing the mouse button to punch, the striking power seems to be ten fold, you can knock cars flying.

Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Another thing i noticed is the firefights seem to be a little harder on the 'Hard' difficulty than on 'Delta'.

I have completed the demo a bunch of times now on Hard and on Delta, maybe I am just imagining it though.

Actually, overall I find the game to be a little easy, even on the hardest difficulty, especially with all the suit powers.

I have taken to setting challenges, like completing the whole level with just the pistol and/or with no suit powers.

Amazing game!

LORD-eX-Bu 11-03-07 10:27 AM

Re: Here's something I noticed in Crysis (Demo)

I love the demo, Delta is really fun to play on. I thought it would be harder but to me its just right :)

Ambrose 11-03-07 12:12 PM

Yeah, I noticed you couldn't flip cars in strength mode as easily as they made it sound/look in interviews/trailers and such.

I'll have to try using T now. Thanks. ;)

|JuiceZ| 11-03-07 01:09 PM

That works thanks!

Capt. Picard 11-03-07 01:37 PM

Have you noticed that when you shoot ....deleted.

Gaco 11-03-07 01:42 PM

Great tip, thanks ;)

Capt. Picard 11-03-07 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaco
Great tip, thanks ;)

Same sentiment here.

That's why I actually wanted to post this before.

Quote:

Have you noticed that when you shoot the gun goes BANG!

Loreman 11-03-07 06:43 PM

In regards to the difficulty, I am sure it is just due to it being the first level and all.

Just as in Far Cry I imagine, a harder difficulty seemed like a good idea at the time, until you get quite a way into the game and your getting pounded by 10 rocket wielding mutants while some bastard picks you off with a sniper rifle from some high tower in the distance...

nutcrackr 11-03-07 07:09 PM

wow I never tried that

Ambrose 11-03-07 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loreman
In regards to the difficulty, I am sure it is just due to it being the first level and all.

Just as in Far Cry I imagine, a harder difficulty seemed like a good idea at the time, until you get quite a way into the game and your getting pounded by 10 rocket wielding mutants while some bastard picks you off with a sniper rifle from some high tower in the distance...

Yeah no joke. I decided to play on the highest difficulty just for kicks. Was fun until I got to Regulator where you have to fight about fifty guys just to get into that place where you create a "back-flow surge" or whatever....

Man was that painful :o

MowTin 11-03-07 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loreman

I remember that! Supposedly it's much easier if you have a sniper rifle. Well, I didn't have one. I was the hardest thing I can remember doing.

FastRedPonyCar 11-03-07 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrose
Yeah no joke. I decided to play on the highest difficulty just for kicks. Was fun until I got to Regulator where you have to fight about fifty guys just to get into that place where you create a "back-flow surge" or whatever....

Man was that painful :o

Was that the part where you can go through some underground bunker and snag a hang glider for the 2nd time and it's at night where you can hang glide over a lot of the trygen mutants?

That was probably one of the single most hardest moments in gaming history.