nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   PC Gamer gives Crysis a 98% (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101632)

SeriTonin 11-03-07 01:24 PM

PC Gamer gives Crysis a 98%

Just got my issue in the mail. Heard rumors on the net stated 92% but I can confim 98%

Highs; A graphical powerhouse; immersive, open-ended sandbox that encourages emergent gameplay; well-paced storyline; meticulosly detailed; engrossing multiplayer; included map editor

Lows; Alien enemy AI not as spectacular as North Korean AI; Enemies can sometimes absorb too much damage; a few minor glitches

Bottom Line; Destined to be a classic, Crysis is a creative and technological marvel that eclipses every other shooter released this year.

The only mention of performance is them trying it on an older single-core 3500+ w/ a 6800 and gig of ram all settings low 800x600 and it stuttered a bit. So it seems the demo is on par with retail performance.

Mr_LoL 11-03-07 02:35 PM

Re: PC Gamer gives Crysis a 98%

You couldn't give us some scans could you? Please.

Capt. Picard 11-03-07 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriTonin
The only mention of performance is them trying it on an older single-core 3500+ w/ a 6800 and gig of ram all settings low 800x600 and it stuttered a bit. So it seems the demo is on par with retail performance.

So it seems I'll have to give it a miss with my 3200, 6600GT and 1GB. :(

SeriTonin 11-03-07 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_LoL
You couldn't give us some scans could you? Please.

If I had a scanner I would. :(

It's a big review. They also have the holiday guide in this coming issue and a crappy frickin million page cell phone booklet/advertisement :thumbdwn:

The review also says there's no online activation for the game but it does use SecuROM.

SH64 11-03-07 04:17 PM

I expected 99% , but oh well still a nice score :)

CaptNKILL 11-03-07 04:22 PM

Quote:

If I had a scanner I would. :(

It's a big review. They also have the holiday guide in this coming issue and a crappy frickin million page cell phone booklet/advertisement :thumbdwn:

The review also says there's no online activation for the game but it does use SecuROM.

Yeah I can't believe how many ads are in PC Gamer now.

It used to be pretty bad but now the magazine is about 3\4 ads. Seriously, count through the pages.

That Crysis review was pretty good though. :)

Ambrose 11-03-07 07:11 PM

SCANS!!! I mean.. *cough* dont post scans cause its illegal ;)

SeriTonin 11-03-07 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Yeah I can't believe how many ads are in PC Gamer now.

It used to be pretty bad but now the magazine is about 3\4 ads. Seriously, count through the pages.

That Crysis review was pretty good though. :)

LOL. No kidding! I was thinking that to myself going through to get to the crysis review. It's become an advertisement mag with brief reviews of the advertised products.

jeffmd 11-08-07 01:25 PM

Quote:

LOL. No kidding! I was thinking that to myself going through to get to the crysis review. It's become an advertisement mag with brief reviews of the advertised products.

Hence one of the reasons I droped magazines loonng ago. ^^

course i also used to get pc shopper alot, essentially a telephone book of pc ads with some good editorial sections in it.