nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Debian KDE4 Live CD (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101792)

Shamrock 11-05-07 09:34 PM

Debian KDE4 Live CD
 
For anyone interested, Debian has their own KDE4 CD available. It's only about 415MB or so. It's "supposedly" less bloat, and snappy. Remember it has bugs, hence why labeled BETA.

http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4livecd.html

LORD-eX-Bu 11-05-07 10:29 PM

Re: Debian KDE4 Live CD
 
hmmm... I've always wanted to check Debian KDE out :D

six_storm 11-06-07 07:07 AM

Re: Debian KDE4 Live CD
 
I've wanted to check out KDE4. Sounds tempting!

grey_1 11-06-07 05:55 PM

Re: Debian KDE4 Live CD
 
I tried it. Much more stable and next to no crashing apps over a 4 week period.

not bad at all.


















I still prefer Gnome though.

Shamrock 11-06-07 11:31 PM

Re: Debian KDE4 Live CD
 
Well, the good thing about this is....it's liveCD, you don't have to install it.

I can't really DL it, cause dialup sucks! But I did want reviews. Sounds encouraging grey, thanks. :)

six_storm 11-07-07 09:27 AM

Re: Debian KDE4 Live CD
 
I'm going to have to d/l this and try it out this week.

grey_1 11-07-07 12:58 PM

Re: Debian KDE4 Live CD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamrock
Well, the good thing about this is....it's liveCD, you don't have to install it.

I can't really DL it, cause dialup sucks! But I did want reviews. Sounds encouraging grey, thanks. :)

yw, and for what it's worth I hate KDE. :p So the fact that I liked this release says a bit.

Shamrock 11-08-07 05:41 AM

Re: Debian KDE4 Live CD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grey_1
yw, and for what it's worth I hate KDE. :p So the fact that I liked this release says a bit.

Isn't that the beauty of Linux? I personally hate Gnome, but I don't mind, others like it.

And yeah, if a Gnome enthusiast likes KDE 4...I am impressed (nana2)

six_storm 11-08-07 10:22 AM

Re: Debian KDE4 Live CD
 
This Beta CD doesn't work on either my desktop or laptop. It actually boots up with my laptop, but freezes automatically.

grey_1 11-08-07 04:47 PM

Re: Debian KDE4 Live CD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamrock
Isn't that the beauty of Linux? I personally hate Gnome, but I don't mind, others like it.

And yeah, if a Gnome enthusiast likes KDE 4...I am impressed (nana2)

It is, it certainly is. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.