nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Who will not play Crysis until it runs perfect on VERY HIGH/Ultra? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101868)

eXeraZoR 11-07-07 05:15 AM

Who will not play Crysis until it runs perfect on VERY HIGH/Ultra?

I wanted to know if maybe are some more poeple out there who will do the same as me? Or i am the only one so crazy?

madmossy 11-07-07 05:45 AM

Re: Who will not play Crysis until it runs perfect on VERY HIGH/Ultra?

Why would you do that, by the time hardware is available that can offer that kind of detail and performance, other games will be out which blow crysis out the water.

Play the game now as best as you can and enjoy it while it matters.

Revs 11-07-07 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmossy
Why would you do that, by the time hardware is available that can offer that kind of detail and performance, other games will be out which blow crysis out the water.

Play the game now as best as you can and enjoy it while it matters.

+1

I'll probably end up playing it again in a few months when the hardware catches up, but having to play on medium/high aint gonna stop me playing the game now.

LordJuanlo 11-07-07 06:00 AM

I will play with lower graphics settings because the game is still great when not maxed. When new graphics cards arrive, I will play it again, and there will be plenty of mods for it.

I really enjoyed the demo, and can't wait to have my dirty hands on my collectors edition.

Feyy 11-07-07 06:05 AM

Ive played the demo with Very High everything and 4AA and it runs perfect. I fail to see your point (lee63)

SH64 11-07-07 06:15 AM

DX9 now , DX10 later for me.

IMO its kind of unwise not to play the game just because its not smooth at max settings now. enjoy it now at whats your PC can play smoothly & replay it again when better spec hardware is available.
Crysis has high replayability value btw.

Revs 11-07-07 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feyy
Ive played the demo with Very High everything and 4AA and it runs perfect. I fail to see your point (lee63)

640 x 480?? lolz

nutcrackr 11-07-07 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revs
640 x 480?? lolz

320x240 FTW

Gaco 11-07-07 06:33 AM

You're crazy, of course I'm going to play it on my Q6600@3ghz and 8800GTX. Just because you can't max everything out and get a butter smooth framerate doesn't make the game unworthy by any means. Playing with some tweaking ie. a blend of high/very high in DX9 produces some VERY impressive graphics for me, and being that impressive to my eye on my current hardware, I am gonna play it ASAP.

It was actually the same issue for me back when I played Crysis on my Radeon 9800Pro. The problem just was that Far Cry ran even worse on similar settings at the time; I remember in the one of the last levels, Volcano or something, I got around 10 FPS or someting like that. At least Crysis stay in the 18-35 area for me 95% of the time. But yeah I'm buying a G90 card as soon as it comes out :D

That being said, I wouldn't play Crysis with any less than a GF8800...

MMhardKy 11-07-07 06:37 AM

Well, I will probably wait until I upgrade to SLI 8800GTX. I have a MSI 8800GTX-OC, but the whole market is crazy now, as 2x 8800GT cost nearly as much as a single GTX, so I don't know what to do. Anyway, I will wait at least for the 780i chipset so I can upgrade to an Intel CPU finaly. Then I will either buy another GTX or wait a little longer with the upgrade and play the game with a single overclocked 8800GTX. I refuse to play the game at anything below DX10 very high or at least DX9 very high tweak.

six_storm 11-07-07 06:40 AM

I played Far Cry on a 5200FX at 20FPS all the way through! Then when I got the 6800GT, I played it again only with 60-70FPS lol. Looks like history will somewhat repeat itself.

SH64 11-07-07 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm
I played Far Cry on a 5200FX at 20FPS all the way through! Then when I got the 6800GT, I played it again only with 60-70FPS lol. Looks like history will somewhat repeat itself.

First time i know that FC is playable on a FX5200 :p