nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   How much would you pay for Crysis? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102074)

Vanzagar 11-10-07 11:30 AM

How much would you pay for Crysis?

Just curious about a "what if" scenario. Say EA had a huge manufacturing flaw and all but 1000 copies of Crysis survived. They then decided they would auction off the 1000 copies to the highest bidders. What would be your highest bid...

EA, also says that the people with the 1000 copies will have imbedded serial numbers and would be prosecuted if they leaked these to the net. So there was no way you could pirate the game and no torrents would exist... none, nada, no (lee63) possible

Ea says they now need to slowly check their manufacturing error to make sure it doesn't happen again and predict they will release more copies by the end of March 2008... :banghead: (pb)

I know this wouldn't happen in reality, but in a "what if" scenario how much would you really pay for a copy? I'm not even sure myself, I may go as high as a few hundred I think, I dunno... think about it...

jAkUp 11-10-07 11:46 AM

Re: How much would you pay for Crysis?

I think I would pay $500

nekrosoft13 11-10-07 11:48 AM

i would pay $500 if it comes bundled with new 9800GTX

Crow_Nest 11-10-07 11:50 AM

I wont pay more than the standard price of a PC game.

WeReWoLf 11-10-07 11:51 AM

I chose $70US coz that's pretty much what we Aussies pay anyway. Having said that though, since we already have the editor (gimped, but we have it) We'd pretty much end up making our own damn crysis and having fun the way we want.

Tork64 11-10-07 12:13 PM

I'll pay the damn sticker price and not a cent more

Vanzagar 11-10-07 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tork64
I'll pay the damn sticker price and not a cent more

That's as high as you'd go really? You visit the Crysis forum, yet if the game was $20 more you wouldn't budge.... you'd hold out for monrhs while everyone posted those jaw dropping screens... yeah right... *cough* bull sheet *cough*

LORD-eX-Bu 11-10-07 12:51 PM

I wouldn't buy it :lol:

Tork64 11-10-07 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhuala
That's as high as you'd go really? You visit the Crysis forum, yet if the game was $20 more you wouldn't budge.... you'd hold out for monrhs while everyone posted those jaw dropping screens... yeah right... *cough* bull sheet *cough*

If its 20 dollars more I could do that, but like 100's more I probably wouldnt, not that I cant afford the extra $$, its just wouldnt feel right :p

LORD-eX-Bu 11-10-07 01:02 PM

to me no game should be worth more than $60 and that would be for a special collectors edition.

Revs 11-10-07 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu
to me no game should be worth more than $60 and that would be for a special collectors edition.

+1

SH64 11-11-07 12:00 AM

I'd go for $200-$300 at max.