nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   IGN's review of Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102236)

Madpistol 11-13-07 12:22 AM

IGN's review of Crysis

http://pc.ign.com/articles/834/834614p1.html

They gave it a 9.4. Oddly enough, that's the same score they gave COD4...

... and I can smell the flames already. ;)

Armed_Baboon 11-13-07 12:37 AM

Re: IGN's review of Crysis

that whole review could have been summed up with: "plays same as demo, takes about 10 hours to complete, crap ending".

brett01 11-13-07 12:44 AM

The reviewer is pretty stupid.He didnt say anything about sandbox editor and he said every where koreans are speaking in english,for which there is a hack any way right now.Thats a funny review,I dont trust IGN any more.They gave rachet& clank 9.4 and crysis 9.4

Ambrose 11-13-07 12:47 AM

I thought it sounded like he gave it a fair shake. He mentioned that there was a good variety of gameplay and that the levels were as open ended as promised. I guess were in store for a cliffhanger ending though, which is fine by me as it means Crysis 2 is probably soon to be in the works. :D

MowTin 11-13-07 01:20 AM

The tone of the review lacked enthusiasm. I don't think the reviewer loved the game. I hope it's just him.

I loved Far Cry and I loved the demo so I'm pretty confident it will be great for me.

ChaoticNick 11-13-07 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGN
you've got a pretty good selection of gameplay over 10-15 hours depending on your skill level

What's with people saying they beat it in in 5-6 hours??

jolle 11-13-07 04:05 AM

9.4 is a pretty awesome score isnt it?

crainger 11-13-07 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolle
9.4 is a pretty awesome score isnt it?

Some people think Crysis is a 10 out of 10 game. If they really believe that they are in for a huge disappointment. I'm mean not as big as Halo 3 was.

buffbiff21 11-13-07 04:18 AM

Gee, guys. Come on now. Buy Crysis for the online MP. Screw single player.

jolle 11-13-07 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
Some people think Crysis is a 10 out of 10 game. If they really believe that they are in for a huge disappointment. I'm mean not as big as Halo 3 was.

I feel like its been so hyped, that it doesnt matter how awesome it is, even if it somehow manages to reach out and fondle my private parts and light me a cigarette afterwards, ill STILL be disappointed in it..
Havent really gotten around to try out the demo yet, still spending my precious free time on The Witcher.
Besides, waiting for a 8800GT to arrive and I think this game is best saved til then..
Gonna try to lower the expectations to "another pretty shooter" before I play it hehe.

Crow_Nest 11-13-07 04:29 AM

The higher the expectations = the bigger the disappointment regardless of how good it really is.

Same goes for everything in life. Thats why its best not to be so hyped up about anything.

WeReWoLf 11-13-07 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolle
I feel like its been so hyped, that it doesnt matter how awesome it is, even if it somehow manages to reach out and fondle my private parts and light me a cigarette afterwards, ill STILL be disappointed in it..
Havent really gotten around to try out the demo yet, still spending my precious free time on The Witcher.
Besides, waiting for a 8800GT to arrive and I think this game is best saved til then..
Gonna try to lower the expectations to "another pretty shooter" before I play it hehe.

You sir, have been sig'd.