nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Special ed - Worth the extra $? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102317)

Crow_Nest 11-14-07 01:18 AM

Special ed - Worth the extra $?

Im gonna pick up my copy but i cant decide whether to get the special edition which costs more but has the art book, extra DVD and the game's soundtrack. To those of you who has the special edition (I know a lot of you do :D) is the special edition really worth the extra cash? If not i'll probably just go for the standard.

Amuro 11-14-07 01:27 AM

Re: Special ed - Worth the extra $?

Yeah, the special edition is worth it, especially if you're in Singapore. In Hong Kong the regular version is about US$35, the special editon is around US$40 with free T-shirt + a diary note book. There are two special edtions actually, one is the Taiwan English+Chinese vesion with Chinese manual, and the Asia Pacific English version. The Taiwan version looks cooler because it has a slim metal case instead of the grey plastic case.

Crow_Nest 11-14-07 01:40 AM

Im not sure about the price of the standard edition here, but my guess is S$59.90 at lowest. The special edition is S$15 more, and no there is no tshirt included.

CaptNKILL 11-14-07 01:42 AM

I preordered the standard edition back when it was only $40. It'd cost me another $20 to get the CE now.

No thanks. :)

crainger 11-14-07 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
I preordered the standard edition back when it was only $40. It'd cost me another $20 to get the CE now.

No thanks. :)

LOL

For me it was worth it. The Soundtrack CD is awesome, been listening to it going to sleep. :)

Amuro 11-14-07 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow_Nest
Im not sure about the price of the standard edition here, but my guess is S$59.90 at lowest. The special edition is S$15 more, and no there is no tshirt included.

t-shirt and the note book are given out on first come first served basis, depending on the store. 59.9 SGD is about 42 USD, so 52 USD for sepecial edition, not bad.

LORD-eX-Bu 11-14-07 02:27 AM

I thought you were talking about "special education" :rofl

nutcrackr 11-14-07 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuro
Yeah, the special edition is worth it, especially if you're in Singapore. In Hong Kong the regular version is about US$35, the special editon is around US$40 with free T-shirt + a diary note book. There are two special edtions actually, one is the Taiwan English+Chinese vesion with Chinese manual, and the Asia Pacific English version. The Taiwan version looks cooler because it has a slim metal case instead of the grey plastic case.

damn that sounds like a cool edition, I'm going the normal special edition :o

Airbrushkid 11-14-07 02:56 AM

My friend always buys the special edtions of a lot of games. I don't really know way. They sit there collecting dust and are worth not much.

CaptNKILL 11-14-07 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airbrushkid
My friend always buys the special edtions of a lot of games. I don't really know way. They sit there collecting dust and are worth not much.

Same reason people collect anything really. To have a collection. :p

I collect PC games, though I only go with the Limited\Special editions of a few games. Some time I'll have to take pics of my collection. :lol:

Airbrushkid 11-14-07 03:10 AM

So your going to have them buried with you?

Crow_Nest 11-14-07 03:22 AM

Alright thanks guys, maybe i'll pick up the special edition. If the store runs out i'll just settle for the standard. :)