nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Just finished the game on Delta! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102338)

Loreman 11-14-07 09:40 AM

Just finished the game on Delta!

Wow!

Just played through Crysis on Delta difficulty level.

Best FPS I have ever played, bar none. Game seemed a little easy for the hardest difficulty level. The stealth power makes it ridiculously easy but I tried not to use it.

The final carrier section, especially at the start where you are walking around and you have time to look at things, well that's were I could truly say the graphics here are head and shoulders above anything I have ever seen. And i was only running it on all 'High' settings in XP.

Anyway, what a blast, looking forward to doing it all again.

six_storm 11-14-07 10:19 AM

Re: Just finished the game on Delta!

What makes Delta so hard?

conroejoe 11-14-07 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loreman
Wow!

Just played through Crysis on Delta difficulty level.

Best FPS I have ever played, bar none. Game seemed a little easy for the hardest difficulty level. The stealth power makes it ridiculously easy but I tried not to use it.

The final carrier section, especially at the start where you are walking around and you have time to look at things, well that's were I could truly say the graphics here are head and shoulders above anything I have ever seen. And i was only running it on all 'High' settings in XP.

Anyway, what a blast, looking forward to doing it all again.

Why would you not use the suit powers? Thats what makes Crysis different than a standard shooter.

Bearclaw 11-14-07 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conroejoe
Why would you not use the suit powers? Thats what makes Crysis different than a standard shooter.

QFT. Those suit powers are badass.

wrathofgod 11-14-07 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm

For one, I don't think there are any crosshairs in Delta difficulty. Not sure what the other changes are.

agentkay 11-14-07 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrathofgod
For one, I don't think there are any crosshairs in Delta difficulty. Not sure what the other changes are.

No granade and enemy indicators and it's possible that the enemies are a little tougher and more accurate. The binoculars/enemy scanner doesn't work as fast.

methimpikehoses 11-14-07 11:58 AM

I beat Delta difficulty in 11 minutes, drunk, and with a joystick. It was too easy, and I yawned the entire way through it. Also I got 75FPS the entire time, maxed out settings and DX10.

U R PWND

I may be exaggerating here.

LORD-eX-Bu 11-14-07 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm

The Koreans actually speak korean. Binocs just zoom and tag stuff, give no info, no grenade indicator, no crosshairs, suit power drains faster and the AI is supposed to be smarter :lol:

Welcome to the club Loreman, how long did it take you?

Its funny how some members think we are lying that we beat the game on Delta and that it didn't take us 20 hours to do so... just because you guys suck at video games doesn't mean that everyone else does :rofl

six_storm 11-14-07 12:07 PM

Hmm. Might have to try it out on Delta first before I go through the entire game.

agentkay 11-14-07 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu
Its funny how some members think we are lying that we beat the game on Delta and that it didn't take us 20 hours to do so... just because you guys suck at video games doesn't mean that everyone else does :rofl

How long is the game on Delta? I know it depends on the way you play but if you play a mixture of stealth and run-n-gun and do all side objectives, it should still be an average of 10-15h, right?

LORD-eX-Bu 11-14-07 12:09 PM

I beat it on delta the first run through, I didn't want to run into any english speaking north koreans :lol:

I took me two nights to finish the game, I was being stealthy for the most part and did all the side objectives... I'd say it took about 10 hours.. if I would have lowered the difficulty I could have probably knocked off an hour or two.

In the jungle I would avoid large firefights for the most part until I got to a good position that I could defend, when I came upon a village or a base I would go in stealthily or distract the enemy(with a big explosion or sniping some dude away from me), kill everyone and level everything.

You can only be stealthy up to a certain point in the game, after that it turns into just run and gun.

ralinn 11-14-07 02:00 PM

I beat it on normal first so I have an excuse to play through it again when I get my new motherboard. Then I can finally use my second 8800GT and SLi them up. :)

Damn this bloody Gigabyte P35T DQ6, I bought it in a rush not thinking about if it supported SLi or not. :(