nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Thanks EB Crysis Pre-order...got mine! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102378)

v3rninater 11-14-07 06:28 PM

Thanks EB Crysis Pre-order...got mine!

Woot, about to install and have a good time!!!!!!
:afro:
(nana2)
(nana2)

J-Mag 11-14-07 06:36 PM

Re: Thanks EB Crysis Pre-order...got mine!

Can you check to see if the DX10 MP servers allow SP type physics? Also, if you got the pre-order did you get the unlockable APC? Whats up with that, do you get it for free when you join in a game?

agentkay 11-14-07 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mag
Can you check to see if the DX10 MP servers allow SP type physics? Also, if you got the pre-order did you get the unlockable APC? Whats up with that, do you get it for free when you join in a game?

Pre-orders and CE owners should get the amphibious APC. You need a certain amount of prestige points to build it and only you can use it. Once you exit it, your team members can use it as well as enemies when they lockpick it.

J-Mag 11-14-07 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentkay
Pre-orders and CE owners should get the amphibious APC. You need a certain amount of prestige points to build it and only you can use it. Once you exit it, your team members can use it as well as enemies when they lockpick it.

Are you saying that people who didn't preorder or acquire the CE just can't build the amphibious APC?

agentkay 11-14-07 06:48 PM

Quote:

Are you saying that people who didn't preorder or acquire the CE just can't build the amphibious APC?

Exactly, its exclusive to pre-order and CE guys unless they enter and exit it then other team members (no CE or pre-order guys) can drive it as well. If the owner of the vehicle doesn't exit it, other team members can only enter the gunner/passenger seats. This might seem like it introduces inbalance but apparently it's not very fast in water and has a little less armour as well. I didn't play it yet, but thats what i heard.

J-Mag 11-14-07 06:55 PM

Quote:

Exactly, its exclusive to pre-order and CE guys unless they enter and exit it then other team members (no CE or pre-order guys) can drive it as well. This might seem like it introduces inbalance but apparently it's not very fast in water and has a little less armour as well. I didn't play it yet, but thats what i heard.

Yeah I am familiar with the vehicle itself because I played the Beta. APC's are worthless when the enemy team has a bunch of rocket launchers, but they are good early in the round.

The thing rolls pretty easy too, but you can right yourself by shooting a TOW straight into the ground. You take some damage but you get to keep your vehicle...

Man if the MP DX10 really has SP physics I will finally have to buy vista. I so want to kill an online player with a falling tree or piece of house shrapnel.

agentkay 11-14-07 07:00 PM

Quote:

Man if the MP DX10 really has SP physics I will finally have to buy vista. I so want to kill an online player with a falling tree or piece of house shrapnel.

The devs confirmed SP physics in DX10 but I'd need to test the maps myself to see if amount of destructable trees or houses are limited.

nekrosoft13 11-14-07 07:02 PM

i might buy it today, local best buy has both normal and CE version in stock.

J-Mag 11-14-07 07:07 PM

Quote:

The devs confirmed SP physics in DX10 but I'd need to test the maps myself to see if amount of destructable trees or houses are limited.

Well I know that all of this is easily moddable, so as long as the servers can run physics in MP we can create a map with tons of destructible objects. It will create a more dynamic experience and take online gaming to a new level, although I am guessing it kills server bandwidth.

v3rninater 11-14-07 07:39 PM

The game runs a bit better then the demo, I can actually run a few settings higher. But man does it still run sluggish, I see what people are saying about this game. They could of at least made it playable @ very high for a computer like mine.

Oh well, hopefully D9E will fill that void, hopefully it's backwards compatible with my motherboard.

jcrox 11-14-07 08:40 PM

I finally get to play as soon as I get outta this class and get home :D