nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis Single player is so so... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102404)

mythy 11-14-07 11:25 PM

Crysis Single player is so so...

Ok so whos with me on this one? If you havnt beaten the game then don't even bother to post because it starts out good and then your rushed threw it all the way till the end. Only the first 2 levels are actually fun and vast in game options and exploration.

So who agrees that Crysis while good just wasn't all that it was hyped up to be... :(

conroejoe 11-14-07 11:32 PM

Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Its fun, but truth be told it's just another shooter. Nothing about it makes it great. If performance was better with higher settings then maybe we could rant about the IQ and performance. But dropping IQ to make it playable is a big crutch to me. Gameplay and story are good but fall into the other games I'd consider to be some of the best SP experiences I've had like HL2, FEAR, Far Cry, Bioshock, Max Payne.

Overall it's a good game, worth playing through, but not the pinnacle of PC gaming like everyone thought it would be.

six_storm 11-14-07 11:40 PM

I've only played through a quarter of it, mainly just exploring and testing out my 8800GT for my review. I would say that so far, it's fun and all, but the performance lacking really hurts the game. I wish I would've just stuck with XP throughout the entire first run through the game, but oh well. Also, when you get to a helicopter riding your arse, missile launcher are a little hard to find IMO.

Logical 11-14-07 11:57 PM

I have waited years for this game....now im not gonna even bother buying it....not for the time being anyway.

I want to see what DX10 is really like....Crysis was sposed to deliver this but it doesn't.

Overhyped imho.........

Crow_Nest 11-15-07 12:05 AM

I dont know whats so bad about the campaign. Im having lots of fun with it, although i have to admit the 2nd and 3rd levels are pretty boring because it feels just like playing far cry all over again. But other than that its 3rd game ive played this year that actually feels right.

jAkUp 11-15-07 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow_Nest
I dont know whats so bad about the campaign. Im having lots of fun with it, although i have to admit the 2nd and 3rd levels are pretty boring because it feels just like playing far cry all over again. But other than that its 3rd game ive played this year that actually feels right.

Just curious, what were the other 2 games you thought felt right?

delas52 11-15-07 12:13 AM

bioshock and cod4?

mythy 11-15-07 12:18 AM

my bigest issue what about halve way into the game it gets very scripted and linear. I think that they could have told the story without all that scripting...

JasonPC 11-15-07 12:20 AM

At least it isn't as linear/scripted as COD4

Crow_Nest 11-15-07 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAkUp
Just curious, what were the other 2 games you thought felt right?

This year, STALKER and Halo 3. Those are the only 2 other big games ive played this year.

Sidric 11-15-07 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrixteH
Overhyped imho.........

nah, ya think? :rolleyes:

Crysis is nothing except a really good and very pretty open ended shooter. Granted, it is semi-linear for the sake of story but what the hell were you guys expecting?

I'm enjoying it, though I don't fulfill the OP's requirement of actually completing the game(shame on me). I have a feeling however that I still won't be disappointed because I didn't believe Crysis was going to be God's gift to PC gaming in the first place. hooray for low expectations. :p

mythy 11-15-07 01:23 AM

I said wait to finish the game first because it only gets worse as it goes on...